Official Off Topic Thread

I'm in the process of getting a proof of age card. I've sent away for my original Birth Certificate (cos they don't accept just extracts of birth), now just waiting on that then I have to get passport pic's done at the chemist, and then send away for the card. Hopefully it'll be done in time for Maruk. It'd suck to miss it. : /

The new marduk is ace. I love that album.

Marduk always deliver the goods. :headbang:

That sucks Dan! Better luck next Friday!

When I went to take my test here in the states, my mom drove down there with me, and she had to show her license in order for me to get mine. Well the DMV (Dept. of Motor Vehicles) fucked up when we moved 4 years earlier. Instead of changing the address AND renewing her DL, they just changed her address, so when she "sponsored" me, it was with a license that expired 4 years prior... So home I went, and waited for my sister to take BOTH my mom & I. Funny stuff....My mom let them have it at the DMV, I wish I had it on video.....:lol:

That sucks Dan! Better luck next Friday!

When I went to take my test here in the states, my mom drove down there with me, and she had to show her license in order for me to get mine. Well the DMV (Dept. of Motor Vehicles) fucked up when we moved 4 years earlier. Instead of changing the address AND renewing her DL, they just changed her address, so when she "sponsored" me, it was with a license that expired 4 years prior... So home I went, and waited for my sister to take BOTH my mom & I. Funny stuff....My mom let them have it at the DMV, I wish I had it on video.....:lol:

:lol: woulda been classic!

Thankfully my passing the test should stand, I'll just have to give them the certificate about my eyes, then I should just be able to pay the money, get the photo taken and I'll have the licence...

sorry to change topics so abruptly in the Off topic thread, but.....

A very important thing was brought to the forefront of my mind as the result of a recent convesation with someone. Does anyone remember the SNES game, Shaq-fu? I downloaded the rom for my computer a month ago just for shits and giggles. For those who aren't familar, the premise of the game is that Shaq (note: Shaquille O'neil, famous basketball player) is walking home from a game late at night (as i'm sure he often does) through the hood and falls into a portal to another dimension where he fights demons. If that isn't a brilliant concept, I don't know what is. If it were done as a concept album, it basically writes itself...I may even jump on that before someone else takes it.

sorry to change topics so abruptly in the Off topic thread, but.....

A very important thing was brought to the forefront of my mind as the result of a recent convesation with someone. Does anyone remember the SNES game, Shaq-fu? I downloaded the rom for my computer a month ago just for shits and giggles. For those who aren't familar, the premise of the game is that Shaq (note: Shaquille O'neil, famous basketball player) is walking home from a game late at night (as i'm sure he often does) through the hood and falls into a portal to another dimension where he fights demons. If that isn't a brilliant concept, I don't know what is. If it were done as a concept album, it basically writes itself...I may even jump on that before someone else takes it.

I'll play bass. And if you were to seriously do this, i'd seriously play bass. and tour. Circular headbang the whole time.

I don't want to go to work tonight; I got spoiled by my 4 day weekend. Not that it was an enjoyable 2 extra days off, being that they were due to my wrist getting pinned between two large shipping containers at work Tuesday night, but they were work-less days all the same.