Official Off Topic Thread

Hell, those guys probably couldnt sight read that song either. I've yet to hear anything site read that came out with any emotion

that's the difference between someone who sight-reads really well and someone who doesn't. Just like someone can learn to read lines out of a book with the proper implication, it's possible to read music the same way. It's just a matter of getting beyond the point where all you're thinking about are the little black dots and you're listening as much if not more than you are reading.

This conversation sucks.

No one will ever agree on anything.

I disagree.... :heh:

3. Yes I believe my musical opinion is more advanced than the sheep, if it werent I'd be listening to Wham with J Dub..... :heh:.

Geeze, I have to look up a George Michael cd and I'm pegged with this? You callin' me a sheep, boy? :mad::heh:

And to think I actually agree with you on one major point here. I too have respect for the mighty Led Zep, but I rarely, if ever listen to them at all.
I was completely oversaturated with them in jr. high & high school. As much as I tried to bury my head in other things during those years, I still ALWAYS heard Zep, whether it was on the radio, blaring out of a car stereo, or at friend's homes. Probably the ONLY band I'm completely & utterly burnt out on.

i'm not a zep fan either, but c'mon... zep vs dt? You're fucking kidding me.

no Im saying - me in 1972 Zep = 1992 DT

gawd you guys are so dense and easily challenged by my opinion ....... :)

I did somewhat resent the popularity of Zep because it really has been like JDub described........ you know....... kinda like how DT haters and fans go, its a repetive cycle. Ya get too popular and "insecure" people start hating you...... :p I save my hatred for people that do me wrong, like death and black metal "vocalists"....... :lol:

* sorry JDub... I just had too, couldnt resist, I tried but failed, my fingers just danced with uncontroled gayity on the keyboard..... baaaaaah

People are arguing about their tastes and opinions in music. Nothing will be accomplished. It would be best if somebody said, I like Dream Theater much more than I do Led Zeppelin. You've stated a fact, and it's not open for argument. Nobody will sway this opinion, though your own opinion may change over time if your tastes in music changes. It is rather pointless to have pages of arguments about why DT slays Zep in talent and their ability to write music you like. It may also be a valid point, but the truth is Zep slays DT in accomplishment.

Anybody want to talk about the sucky beer availability in Scottsdale, Arizona?

This game is AMAZING. Nothing kills time better than running around killing evil Crusaders in the most brutal manner possible with an unbelievably simple, yet extremely detailed control system that's nothing short of being "The Shit."
In other words, if a video game could win almost as much as Epic MSN Chats, then this would win that much.
And in even more words, not even Halo made an 11 out of 10 for me. I've never actually enjoyed a game this much since my RPG days.

Did you ever have any problems with your 360? I want to get one really bad but, I'm afraid that as soon as I turn it on the hard drive will crash or something.