Official Off Topic Thread

as for hearts bleeding all over the ground for the ladies, could someone please point me toward a period in history where the women were... ??? overworked by comparison to their mate ? or placed in eminant peril be it hunting wolly mammoth, fighting some war for the gain of the wealthy, building ?? whatever ... skyscrapers, bridges, highways through swamps in the baking sun or subzero wind, ... ect. ect. ect
Have you not heard the saying... "A womans work is never done"? We work 24/7, especially if we are married with kids and work a paid job. How many men do you know who will willingly, after a hard day at the office (or wherever), go home, only to have to cook, clean, look after the kids, do the laundry, shop for boring stuff like groceries, etc? Not too many, i bet!!

How about a few of you men try hatching kids? It sure as hell ain't the funnest thing on earth to be doing, especially if you are unfortunate enough to be in labour for days, and a c-section wasn't/isn't an option. Women have died giving birth; men throughout history have decreed that "the family name must be carried on", so their women have girl-child after girl-child just so the stupid male can have his son... yet its always the womans fault should the child be a girl...

As for building skyscrapers, fighting wars, killing woolly mammoths... we women weren't allowed to do that, we were held back by men because we weren't considered strong enough, good enough, intelligent enough, clever enough.... need i go on...

And yes, I did my time in the Army, serving my country, but there were no wars at the time for me to go fight. I would have too, but at the time, it wasn't the policy of the Australian Government to allow its servicewomen to go to war zones, the same as it wasn't the policy of most other governments. That has changed now, and if I was given the chance (apart from being outside the age range) I would go in a second.

And just for the record, my father is a male chauvinist pig... in his opinion, all women should be barefoot, pregnant and tied to the kitchen sink. He was not impressed that his only daughter joined the Army as soon as she turned 18. He was not impressed that I only gave birth to daughters (not that they would be carrying on his name, but he thought my former husband should have sons... he only has daughters, 6 of them, haha!!). He's not impressed that I left an abusive 2nd husband, he thinks it was my fault. He is not impressed that I choose to live on my own, with my daughters drifting in and out as they choose... he thinks I should get a 3rd husband "because you obviously can't look after yourself..." and so on. This is the crap that we women have had to put up with for centuries, and if we want equality, then we should damn well have it, and not have to burn our bra's to prove a point!!!

you dont know what its like to be a man, but I never tell anyone to shut up

as a woman you should know darn well what the sugar daddy comment is about, or have you never seen instances of marrying for financial security with no interpersonal love ? It was not a stereo typical view, just pointing toward one thing some women can do easier than a man.

In regards to your first paragraph, thanks for finally saying what I wanted to hear. I cant speak for other parts of the world but here in America most men I have known from the old school, speaking of my grandfathers and fathers and my own generation are well aware that behind every good man is a good woman. The part about what men have done for centuries was only to show the sillyness of thinking we have had special treatment. I never said woman had special treatment... BTW... and you said something about conviences... do todays people stop to think of how these things came to be, or what it takes to maintain them ? T'was all blood and sweat and those bleeding and sweating did not get the credit either, as those types you are up in arms about broke their champain bottles and cut their ribbon as if they had accomplished something....... thing about that please... its very much regarding the point I was trying to make in that "wicked" post.

what ever goes on in combined "fields" around the world is of little interest to me as I find most of todays society view on what constitutes a good days work and honest contribution to society a joke, so chances are I will believe you are all overpaid and over credited. That I can do nothing about so hate me if you want, my views on all the results of "advancement" will never fit today.

as I said while all the "discriminated" souls are running distractions and throw ing stones at each other the real vandals are sneeking out the back door with the loot

just something to think about, hate me if you like

i cant even be bothered arguing with the guy, he is clearly a moron.. now in the western world we women do have it pretty good, thanks to the feminist movement.. but think about other cultures where women are pretty much used only as birthing machines, raped and abused at mens leisure, their genitalia cut off, sold as sex slaves etc.. even in our own cultures as little as a hundred years ago or so, if a woman wasn't born into money, or lucky enough that a man would marry her and look after her (and not be unlucky enough to get a husband that liked to beat her), what options did she have to live? most had to become prostitutes just to survive, being used and beaten by disgusting men.. yeah, give the poor guys a fair go ladies.. it's always been a mans world, we're just lucky enough that in this day and age, in our own western civilisation, thanks to the feminist pioneers, that we are treated probably about as equally as it will ever get.

go read some history and open your eyes to the world around you before coming here with these ridiculous and inflammatory comments..

clover, I dont feel the way much of what you said. barefoot and pregnant repulses me. My wife has always worked and makes more per hour than myself, though she works less hours than me and in the end brings home less, not something Im happy about but I wouldnt expect her to work 50-60 hours a week either. Around home she does her work and I do mine, I would go nuts doing hers and she would hate doing mine and Ill withhold my feeling on whether or not she could or would do it. Many things we do together and she if fully capable with some initial guidance

its not our fault you have the womb, so its just rediculous to go there, our baby came out fine and easy, she did very well and I was proud of her

men have excess nose hair...... :cry: ........ :lol:

wonder why woman werent "allowed" to hunt or walk the steel ? Not that I care, I dont hunt and am afraid of heights so would not have walked the iron, Im sure I would have hunted and slaughtered my own animals 100 years ago but we have markets we can send the little woman too today...... :p

avoid the distractions, its not the real battle

interesting...this isn't even close to what I had in mind when I made that off-hand comment that was 90% joking.

What are everyone's thankgiving plans? I'm flying back east to stay with my Grandparents and have thanksgiving with (essentially) my entire extended family...my parents just moved to VA too so I'll get to see them. It'll be nice because it's been almost 3 years since I've been back east. Even better than that: I'll have a few days of sleeping more than 3-4 hours per night. Even better than that: real food!

i cant even be bothered arguing with the guy, he is clearly a moron.. now in the western world we women do have it pretty good, thanks to the feminist movement.. but think about other cultures where women are pretty much used only as birthing machines, raped and abused at mens leisure, their genitalia cut off, sold as sex slaves etc.. even in our own cultures as little as a hundred years ago or so, if a woman wasn't born into money, or lucky enough that a man would marry her and look after her (and not be unlucky enough to get a husband that liked to beat her), what options did she have to live? most had to become prostitutes just to survive, being used and beaten by disgusting men.. yeah, give the poor guys a fair go ladies.. it's always been a mans world, we're just lucky enough that in this day and age, in our own western civilisation, thanks to the feminist pioneers, that we are treated probably about as equally as it will ever get.

go read some history and open your eyes to the world around you before coming here with these ridiculous and inflammatory comments..

wow ! talk about stereo typing, carved in stone ey ? many contradictory statements in there but what would this "moron" know. Work on that comprehension skill. You are correct however, I would never bother argueing with those statements, they are self explainatory

you dont know what its like to be a man, but I never tell anyone to shut up
You're absolutely right. I don't know what it's like to be a man, but I don't resent successful men, nor do I assume that a man becomes successful by fucking his way to the top or by getting by on his good looks, or by being privileged because he's a man. I never voice my opinion on the topic until someone like you comes along and states backwards ideas.

as a woman you should know darn well what the sugar daddy comment is about, or have you never seen instances of marrying for financial security with no interpersonal love ? It was not a stereo typical view, just pointing toward one thing some women can do easier than a man.
As a woman who's legitimately working to achieve a good, honest career, I have no fucking clue about how to get a sugar daddy to take care of me.

In response to the rest of your post, I think you must be watching too much Real Housewives of Orange County or Sex and the City or something. Do you expect me to think all men are like OJ Simpson? I think these A-list Paris/Lindsay crackwhores have given you a skewed idea of what real women hold to be ideal to them.

I wish I had a sugar mommy. If I ever end up going into the cruise ship gig, I think I'm going to find an 80 year old widow to shack up with and inherit a bunch of $$ when she croaks. I've got no shame.

You're absolutely right. I don't know what it's like to be a man, but I don't resent successful men, nor do I assume that a man becomes successful by fucking his way to the top or by getting by on his good looks, or by being privileged because he's a man. I never voice my opinion on the topic until someone like you comes along and states backwards ideas.

As a woman who's legitimately working to achieve a good, honest career, I have no fucking clue about how to get a sugar daddy to take care of me.

In response to the rest of your post, I think you must be watching too much Real Housewives of Orange County or Sex and the City or something. Do you expect me to think all men are like OJ Simpson? I think these A-list Paris/Lindsay crackwhores have given you a skewed idea of what real women hold to be ideal to them.

:rolleyes: should read all my post(s) and try to hear what Im saying, dont watch that BS you are talking about for reasons that should be obvious from my posts. Of course I underlined some but that didnt even register. Good job !

Generic post-conversation with razoredge:

razoredge: something stupid
other poster: a counter argument
razoredge: something even dumber
other poster: another counter argument
razoredge: YOU DIDN'T READ MY POST :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*ignore*

Generic post-conversation with razoredge:

razoredge: something stupid
other poster: a counter argument
razoredge: something even dumber
other poster: another counter argument
razoredge: YOU DIDN'T READ MY POST :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

*ignore*

on review of all post regarding said topic since Ken's post which I agreed with and began the point about avoiding the distraction, this is what I am supposed to have learned (adding the twisted interpretation that my posts recieved)

men have always had it easy
women have always had it hard
men are discusting, genitile removing, woman beaters
women have not married for finacial security but were prostitutes and crack whores
men or woman that get to the top did not get there by screwing people one way or the other

we are indeed a screwed up hopeless species well entrapped in the distraction

OS&S.... :lol:... you need to break that down better

LZI or Womans Rights Movement I .... womans movement I for sure
LZII or Womans Rights Movement II .... even tie only due to the music on LZ II being so damn good
LZIII or Womans Rights Movement III .... "hang man, hang man, wait a little while, I think I see my Sister coming, ride a many mile"

:D

Attack the opinion, not the person..no need to insult each other just because you don't agree with what the other is saying.

Jax<-who's not even going to get into this argument :zipit: