Official Off Topic Thread

*facepalm*

I'm failing left and right with concerts this summer. Here are the big ones I've missed/will miss:

Prognation- REALLY wanted to see ZPZ

Guthrie-travel plans put me in the DC area TWO DAYS after he was here...I found out the day after I made plans

Extreme- just found out they were at Jaxx last week. Laugh if you will, but the band has some pretty killin' stuff and Nuno is a great player

Ultimate Zero Project (Greg Howe, Simon Phillips, Marco Minneman, Eddie Jobson, Michael Bernier)- They are playing pretty close to my parents' house, where I am this month...EXCEPT for the week they are playing.

I need to turn this around ASAP

You know what pissed me off today? My friend and I are starting a band, we post up on craigslist we're starting a band and we're looking for so and so musicians.

A bassist emails me, says hes interested, I tell him to learn some songs and lets meet up so and so. Next day he emails me asks me if theres any recordings or how long we've been together. I explain to him we just started the band but we're great musicians and I send him my myspace guitar page. He replies back with "Oh. I don't know.. you guys don't really have a band together, you don't have a setup, and if you don't mind the crit you need to work on your timing."

Honestly, wtf? Last time I went to audition with a band, even though I heard their recordings I still went out and jammed with them regardless. Furthermore was it necessary to mention anything about my timing?

Basically, when you reply to a craigslist ad, beggars cant be choosers.

In case you didn't know by how, here's everything you need to know about Arjen Lucassen's Guilt Machine. A lengthy trailer was put up recently. What do you guys think?

Edit: It looks like Arjen's responding to some YT comments which is pretty cool. Don't blow it though.