Official Off Topic Thread

I'm bored to death and got nothing to do apart from lurking on forums as a fucking geek.... Need to go back to college :erk:

I'm currently sitting in my dorm bored out of my fucking mind (With intermittent breaks to transcribe some Gordian Knot tunes.) I have been in college for over a year now and have only made two friends. I wish I wasn't such an introverted dickhead.:erk::erk:

From a fellow introvert, make an effort to smile and introduce yourself. It will do wonders. :)

This may be the solution. I was actually just thinking today that maybe I should be a little more approachable. It's not that I'm mean (Or even a dickhead for that matter...), I just seem to be one of the very few people who actually enjoys being alone 95% of the time.

Ken, that's like public masturbation.:lol:

I'm currently sitting in my dorm bored out of my fucking mind (With intermittent breaks to transcribe some Gordian Knot tunes.) I have been in college for over a year now and have only made two friends. I wish I wasn't such an introverted dickhead.:erk::erk:

lool, that's what I fear tbh, although i don't mind being alone as long as i have headphones and music in my phone, plus, i already have three close friends study out there, so it won't be a big deal.. :kickass:
But, what's the point of having loads of friends that you don't like.. I would rather be on own :erk:

If you prefer to be alone, then why are you complaining about not having friends? Introversion is quite easy to overcome - being a dickhead perhaps isn't. Your choice though.

I said I prefer to be alone *most* of the time. Being human, I do require some social contact. I'm just used to having nothing in common with anyone, so I kind of gave up a long time ago.

I guess being aware that you can be a jerk sometimes is a start, though. If it's easy to change the rate at which you interact with people, I'm sure it's not that different from changing how people perceive you.

I hear you noble.

Personally I can't say I have any close friends, apart from the girlfriend because she fucking rules.

I tried having close friends in the past and it just didn't really work, mainly due to the way I don't have much in common with people from my surroundings, basically in terms of both, preferences and general mentality.

Eventually I found that it's better for me to have one person with whom I have so much in common and share a really close relationship, than spending time with a bunch of time-wasting morons.

With that said, it's too bad the few seemingly awesome people I meet mostly live in other continents, lol. You and some of the guys here are examples.

Marwen, I once thought the same, I reached one point where I virtually had no REAL friend apart from my (ex) gf, and when we broke up, i was utterly alone, and i had hard time contemplating the change and meeting up new (and few) interesting friends.. I hope you won't experience the same shit i had been through

I hear you noble.

Personally I can't say I have any close friends, apart from the girlfriend because she fucking rules.

I tried having close friends in the past and it just didn't really work, mainly due to the way I don't have much in common with people from my surroundings, basically in terms of both, preferences and general mentality.

Eventually I found that it's better for me to have one person with whom I have so much in common and share a really close relationship, than spending time with a bunch of time-wasting morons.

With that said, it's too bad the few seemingly awesome people I meet mostly live in other continents, lol. You and some of the guys here are examples.

Yeah, I would definitely like to hang out with a lot of you guys here. At least there is the internet, though!

It's good that you met a girl that you enjoy being around. That's one of the few things that I really want out of life: to date a woman who can put up with my musical tastes and personality without getting freaked out and leaving.:lol:

People don't want to hang with people who aren't awesome. You have to be awesome on your own before you can be awesome with friends. The attitude of "oh, just give me a chance to prove how awesome I am" does not work. This is the cold hard truth. You've got to already be having a blast on your own - people will gravitate towards you to figure out why you're so pumped and how you could possibly be so awesome - and they will also be awesome with you. Or they won't, and you can pick and choose who the genuine friends are.