Official Off Topic Thread

Oh, hello forum I haven't visited in over three years I think!!
I hope some of you guys remember me. I don't know how much faces have changed over time.
Unfortunately, just "Harris" was already taken, so I'll go by my as of late M.O. for a username.

I was here a few years ago, under the names "Ptah Khnemu" and "Horus", had quite a few posts, and met a few people from here once. I don't really remember what happened, but one day I just sort of disappeared under the rock. I'm pretty sure I was finishing High School when I disappeared.
As for what I've been doing under my rock... smoking a lot of weed and learning a lot about sound and recording. Went to school to be a professional audio engineer, now I'm working as an intern at studios in the New York area.

So I'm back to take over your forum again. Was I missed at all? More importantly, did I miss anything?
(Wow, it's been a long time since I've seen "Posts: 1" under a profile that's mine on a forum. :lol:)

w/b Dude!

While we're welcoming back regulars who fell off the face of the earth...

I didn't have a computer for like 15 months. I rejoined modern society a few hours ago.

I missed you guys! :D

Also, Harris, I totally work with a guy who knows you. Crazy!

While we're welcoming back regulars who fell off the face of the earth...

I didn't have a computer for like 15 months. I rejoined modern society a few hours ago.

I missed you guys! :D

Also, Harris, I totally work with a guy who knows you. Crazy!
Dude!! Yeah, he totally told me that you started working with him, and I was like "Dude, no way =D" That is pretty crazy though. Should I be coming to Pittsburgh to jam some time? :D
Yeah, heard about that yesterday. Is it can be new Dream Theater album time plz?

ZACH!! Oh wow, so this is what happens when I decide to be awesome again. Everybody just comes back.
And as for Lasse, I talk to him occasionally!! I'm like practically BFF's with his wife now.
Yeah, Lasse got married. And I went to the wedding =D

sars I was out partying. :)

ps, A7X knows a bad thing when they see it. Portnoy will be forced to form a new supergroup, likely called The Mike Portnoy. And the members will be driven insane and ditch him to work with Jorn and Yngwie.

I remember we had a great time when we were waiting for Paradise Lost to come out. EPIC MSN CHAT kept me awake for 24 hours and I started to hallucinate during a lecture. Epic times.

Little late, but here we go!

"That's right! Opeth will start the recording of their 10th album on the 31st of January 2011. The band has picked the legendary Atlantis studios (ex Metronome studios) in Stockholm and will once again work with Jens Bogren engineering. Mixing duties will be handled by Steven Wilson (Porcupine tree). Possible release worldwide in the fall of 2011, through Roadrunner Records. The new material has been described by the band as being "good". "

LOL, love the ending.

Steven Wilson mixing FTW

Steven Wilson needs to be slapped enough times to knock the notion that he's the second coming of Bob Rock out of his head. And then he needs to continue to make good music.