Official Off Topic Thread

What a weed.

+1

yeah and the new Yngwie album was another let down for me, just like the one before it (Perpetual Flame, not the acoustic album which is mostly old songs), except that this one has TERRIBLE production. :err: The last good album I can recall was "Attack", though "Unleash the Fury" was rather okay too.

Edit: okay I just read this

Yngwie handled all aspects of the production of Relentless

:lol:

I know this is a silly question, but have you tried a framing shop? Most anyplace that does that sort of thing should have one, my guitarist got some to display a few of his albums. The ones he got has a place for the booklet and a place for the disc.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/Standard-CD-Frame-Black-Matting/dp/B002QH5FI2[/ame]

very off topic... Does anyone know where I can get wall mounts for collector cds? for example if I have an album signed by an artist and want it on display. I know its vague, ive seen them...once. can't find them anywhere!

If you lived in the US, I would tell you to ask my wife to frame it for you. She's a PRO. No, really.

I was going to buy it on a whim... but decided against it.

I can't listen to any sounds right now, since I'm at work (which is 99% of the time I'm on here). What is this album most similar to?... Or should I just STFU and buy it?

It's like Agalloch. :lol:

I haven't bought it yet. Before you slam me for being a dirty pirate, the reason I haven't bought it yet is because I am watching like a hawk for the vinyl release.

ken, there's going to be a legit vinyl release on a larger scale because of the problems they have with ebay dudes selling their shit for hundreds and hundreds of dollars. I hear the black vinyl will not be limited edition. there will still probably be a color vinyl or something though.

I was going to buy it on a whim... but decided against it.

I can't listen to any sounds right now, since I'm at work (which is 99% of the time I'm on here). What is this album most similar to?... Or should I just STFU and buy it?

Apart from the fact that you should just STFU and buy it, like any Agalloch album, it doesn't sound like anything they've done previously (I'd say it's closest to their first if anything, imagine their first with the Ashes polish and experience applied to it). It's Agalloch with the atmospheric black metal knob turned up to 11. The wailing bit that Phanto is referring to sounds like something straight out of Katatonia's Dance of December Souls. There was a bit I just listened to in "To Drown" that sounds like GYBE turned up their distortion. There's a lot of influence to be heard.