Official Off Topic Thread

that is true. The argument was about wank solos vs simplistic ones, something I think on this board I have a fairly good guess which gets the most support :Spin:

personally I'd go for fast+good, or slow+good, than fast+wank or slow+terrible. Ideally, sections of slower stuff building to a measure or two of runs and then maybe a long held note, but of course i'd rather it fit the song and convey the feeling more than any other aspect

more technically adept doesn't really mean anything. Look at Opeth...that stuff is rather easy to play, and Mikael's vocal range is quite limited (excluding the growls), but they write some pretty amazing music.

@ Simplicity vs Complexity - I think in the end it all comes down to personal preference. If someone says Nirvana is better than SyX, firstly I think theyre a moron not worthy of associating with, but secondly I just think thats their opinion and I cant expect everyone to love my music (the world would be a better place if they did..)

Yngvai X said:
more technically adept doesn't really mean anything. Look at Opeth...that stuff is rather easy to play, and Mikael's vocal range is quite limited (excluding the growls), but they write some pretty amazing music.

I do agree it's not the BEST measure, but I think just about any other comparison but straight technical turns into a matter of taste and isn't really worth debating.

Terry Bozzio > all other drummers. (According to a certain person here.)

Montu Sekhmet said:
man, basaball tryouts were hard today......

we ran 48 poles (a pole is from the far foul pole and back)
Well, ain't that dandy. Ha, I've noticed how people have ignored you every time you've talked about baseball tryouts. WELL, I'M LISTENING.

Tomorrow, my band is trying out for a local battle of the bands. Our only competition is shitty as hell Ska, Emo and Punk bands with 2 minute songs about girlfriends and breakups. So at tryouts, when my band has our 8 minute Kickass song about Theseus v the Minotaur, they're all gonna be in shock and say "Holy shit. Those guys are so 1337!!"

We will Defend the Faith in a most extraordinary manner.

DoomsdayZach said:
So today i caved in and got a myspace account. Fuck. Might as well just kill myself.

Seriously... do it... j/k, dont worry, you're not truly pathetic until you find a girlfriend through myspace, which my friend did. She was out of her mind, it was funny, im pretty sure they sent her away to crazy camp in Utah a few months ago

The Yngster said:
Seriously... do it... j/k, dont worry, you're not truly pathetic until you find a girlfriend through myspace, which my friend did. She was out of her mind, it was funny, im pretty sure they sent her away to crazy camp in Utah a few months ago

:lol:

Made my night dude. I don't even care if that's made up, it made my fucking night!

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Terry Bozzio > all other drummers. (According to a certain person here.)

Well, ain't that dandy. Ha, I've noticed how people have ignored you every time you've talked about baseball tryouts. WELL, I'M LISTENING.
Zonder > Bozzio :loco:

Eternal Dragon said:
Virgil Donati pwns all drummers. His vid of the montreal drumfest made me almost cream my pants, lol.

OMG Donati is a freakin' octopus..I don't see how he does what he does without a few more arms..crazy stuff.