Official Off Topic Thread

Taliwakker said:
You should go just to watch Freak Kitchen and Mercenary Zach.

I'd go for Freak Kitchen if there were 9 shitty bands.

And once again, Nevermore bails on the fest, and we get one hell of an upgrade. I think Jorn is going to slay. Special set of stuff from ALL the different things he's done. His new cd slays as well. Of course, everything after FK will be just be icing on the cake......

J-Dubya - FK campaigner for years! Finally, a victory!

Taliwakker said:
A friend told me a funny story about Virgil......apparently his mrs at the time was complaining that he never took her out and that he spent all his time practicing and gigging...so he agreed to take her out for dinner. They went out, ordered blah blah blah and excused himself to go to the bathroom....15-20 mins later he hadn't returned so his gf asked a waiter to go and check if he was okay....he was found in a cubicle with his sticks and a practice pad on his lap that he'd snuck in with him...dedication :)

lol thats hilarious!! And yeh he definately is some kinda 2 armed octopus, lol. I dont think I could do the stuff he does even with 8 arms.

MMaiorelli said:
Jorn Lande is replacing nevermore at prog power

I was considering going, but after this dissappointment, i wouldnt waste the money

Last night I read an interview about how he left the Yngwie tour. That makes for an interesting read, and if theres one thing I got out of it its that I'll never think of Yngwie the same again.

Eternal Dragon said:
Last night I read an interview about how he left the Yngwie tour. That makes for an interesting read, and if theres one thing I got out of it its that I'll never think of Yngwie the same again.
I read an interview from Jorn's perspective, but I'm always hesitant to judge in cases like this because it's unlikely we'll ever hear all the facts.

Beyond Twilight had a difficult parting with Jorn as well and he allegedly said some pretty silly stuff in some interviews (that he wrote all their music I think).

ptah knemu said:
We PWNED everone else. Picture this: 4 Ska bands, 3 Punk bands, 2 Emo bands, a Nu Metal band and a Prog Metal band. Everyone else had maximum 3 minute songs, and when my band comes on, 8 Minutes of Polyrhythms, 4-Part Harmonies, Shredding and pure Art :headbang::worship:. In short, it went great.

Besides, one of the judges was an English teacher, and gave us points just for our song being about Theseus vs. The Minotaur.
That's so cool, except the fact that everybody lacks musical intelligence except your band. Something tells me you live in a musical shithole... At least people make a bit of sense around here.

J-Dubya 777 said:
I think Jorn is going to slay. Special set of stuff from ALL the different things he's done. His new cd slays as well. Of course, everything after FK will be just be icing on the cake......

I'm not trying to be a dick, because if you are excited about this, then i'm very happy for you. However, without the bands playing, it is nothing more than Karaoke or a cover band featuring Jorn on vocals.

There's a band called Torture Killer who started off as a Six Feet Under cover band. Stop with the "SFU SUX0RZ!!!11one" comments and listen... er... read my point. They decided to write original songs, but they were still very much in the vein of/influenced by SFU. With their latest album, they got Chris Barnes to sing on it. This seems sad to me. A SFU cover band that just happens to have the vocalist of SFU... that doesn't make it anymore than a cover band still. To me, this seems to be what is going to happen when Jorn sings other songs. It's not going to be Ark or Masterplan... it's going to be cover songs.

All that said, have fun man. woot.

Kenneth R. said:
you know, you are right of course. but what makes people actually give a damn about Ark or Masterplan.... fair bet it's Jørn's vox.
Agreed completely [After some thought, i added the edit below]. And i will say that given the circumstances, Glenn did a hell of a job getting a replacement. However, i was hoping for something darker. But last time i checked, he didn't put on this fest to please me... haven't figured out why not yet... he fucking should. Asshole :lol:

Edit: Actually, i've decided i disagree. Sure, that may be what drew people to the band or whatnot, but in the case of Masterplan, that's basically Grapow's band. Without Roland, it's just not the same. Come on, it's like saying Russel singing symphony x songs with another band is the same because most people listen to symphony x for russel.

Not intending to toot my horn, just sharing. My roommate is a fairly religious Catholic, and she decided to give up cursing for Lent. To support her, I (and my friend) decided to do the same even though I am a horrible human being in the religion department. It's amazing how bad I am when it comes to cursing, and I didn't even realize it until today. In a twenty minute span we kept on having to pause and rethink what we were going to say, or correct each other or ourselves if something slipped. This is going to be a looooong 40 days lol. If anyone picks up on me cussing here quote it and make me feel guilty about it please, thanks in advance. :)

MrFast said:
That's so cool, except the fact that everybody lacks musical intelligence except your band. Something tells me you live in a musical shithole... At least people make a bit of sense around here.

Well, this was just made a few minutes ago. I put it on the "advertise my band" thread, but for the sake of Argument, the new link in my sig is living proof.

Lol, glad to hear you liked it. Too bad the solo battle got cut off, as did the Outro, which is awesome also.