Official Off Topic Thread

DoomsdayZach said:
So today i caved in and got a myspace account. Fuck. Might as well just kill myself.

I'm ashamed to admit that I actually got one too, to promote my shit. But then I found out that some asshat had already taken my artist name to use for his pointless excuse of a page, so that was the end of Myspace for me. :cool:

Still, just signing up made me feel dirty.... ugh.

Jorn Lande is replacing nevermore at prog power

I was considering going, but after this dissappointment, i wouldnt waste the money

OMG Donati is a freakin' octopus..I don't see how he does what he does without a few more arms..crazy stuff.

A friend told me a funny story about Virgil......apparently his mrs at the time was complaining that he never took her out and that he spent all his time practicing and gigging...so he agreed to take her out for dinner. They went out, ordered blah blah blah and excused himself to go to the bathroom....15-20 mins later he hadn't returned so his gf asked a waiter to go and check if he was okay....he was found in a cubicle with his sticks and a practice pad on his lap that he'd snuck in with him...dedication :)

Tubbs Mcgee said:
Terry Bozzio > all other drummers. (According to a certain person here.)

Well, ain't that dandy. Ha, I've noticed how people have ignored you every time you've talked about baseball tryouts. WELL, I'M LISTENING.

Thank You! at least someone cares....

but anyway, yes, Bozzio>anyone on the planet

I hold the flame of victory high above my head tonight. I defended the faith, in a most spectacular manner.

We PWNED everone else. Picture this: 4 Ska bands, 3 Punk bands, 2 Emo bands, a Nu Metal band and a Prog Metal band. Everyone else had maximum 3 minute songs, and when my band comes on, 8 Minutes of Polyrhythms, 4-Part Harmonies, Shredding and pure Art :headbang::worship:. In short, it went great.

Besides, one of the judges was an English teacher, and gave us points just for our song being about Theseus vs. The Minotaur.