Official Off Topic Thread

Oh, and my friends and I started a game of D&D. Yes, I am such a nerd. Anyhow, I have this naive mage character guy who is always vulnerable because he can't memorize enough spells. Any suggestions, you seasoned D&D warriors? He has leveled up once, and learned a few more spells, but he's still having trouble. I keep ending up in bad situations and almost getting killed because he's basically incapable of kicking ass.

It's winter vacation, and I'm so bored, my brains are oozing out of my ears as I waste away staring at this computer screen all day. It wouldn't be so bad if I did something productive.

Hey ShredManWalking, I had burned copies off Damnation Game, DWOT, TiO, AND V, but bought them all last year. So I guess I was worse than you....I know...what a horrible fan I was....

Learned something new this morning on the car radio on the way home from work. She was telling all about "Boxing Day" in Austrailia (which is today). Very cool. So for all you in Australia, Happy Boxing Day!

thanx pharaoh, u know i dont even know what boxing day stands for lol..i just know its sort of like ur 'day after thanksgiving', where all the shops start their sales, and here in aus we generally sit around having BBQ's (oh wait we do that all the time anyway).

on christmas day we went down to the beach for something to do, and it was PACKED.. with people all having BBQ's (what else) and drinking beer (not Fosters) and playing ball games and stuff.. and I thought.. Ah this is your typical Aussie Xmas. lol.

SilentRealm said:
thanx pharaoh, u know i dont even know what boxing day stands for lol..i just know its sort of like ur 'day after thanksgiving', where all the shops start their sales, and here in aus we generally sit around having BBQ's (oh wait we do that all the time anyway).

on christmas day we went down to the beach for something to do, and it was PACKED.. with people all having BBQ's (what else) and drinking beer (not Fosters) and playing ball games and stuff.. and I thought.. Ah this is your typical Aussie Xmas. lol.
boxing day is, traditionally, the day when employers (read that as wealthy landowners in england) gave their "staff" boxes with money, food items, cloth for making new clothes, etc, as a "gift" for their hard work during the past year, hence the name boxing day. now its just another excuse for us aussies to go to the beach, river or park and get pissed (drunk for you non-aussies), lol!!!

@ sr... i'm dying to introduce my hubby to the fun of an aussie xmas, but it probably wont happen for a few more years... but the difference will probably knock his socks off, lol. :D

ShredManWalking said:
Oh, and my friends and I started a game of D&D. Yes, I am such a nerd. Anyhow, I have this naive mage character guy who is always vulnerable because he can't memorize enough spells. Any suggestions, you seasoned D&D warriors? He has leveled up once, and learned a few more spells, but he's still having trouble. I keep ending up in bad situations and almost getting killed because he's basically incapable of kicking ass.
I only know D&D from the computer games like Baldur's Gate, but mages are the worst character in lower levels. Once you get past, dunno, level 10 or so mages start kicking everone's asses, but at the beginning of the game they're horribly terrible.

Tonight my friends and I were gonna go to our old junior high school and draw on the windows. We bought the markers that are made for writing on glass and went to the school but there were people there. So we went back to my one friends house and drew on her windows. The look on her dad's face was pretty priceless.

Heh, I don't get out much. o_O

The Metal Chick said:
Tonight my friends and I were gonna go to our old junior high school and draw on the windows. We bought the markers that are made for writing on glass and went to the school but there were people there. So we went back to my one friends house and drew on her windows. The look on her dad's face was pretty priceless.

Heh, I don't get out much. o_O

Neither do I. Life in the suburbs, my God. What my friends and I do for entertainment is just pathetic (and great at the same time). Once we went to this mall parking lot where all the Honda Civic drag race teens hang out. We had recorded a CD of car revving and various driving noises, and drove by them really slow blasting that CD. It was pretty funny seeing their reactions.

crapola said:
boxing day is, traditionally, the day when employers (read that as wealthy landowners in england) gave their "staff" boxes with money, food items, cloth for making new clothes, etc, as a "gift" for their hard work during the past year, hence the name boxing day. now its just another excuse for us aussies to go to the beach, river or park and get pissed (drunk for you non-aussies), lol!!!

@ sr... i'm dying to introduce my hubby to the fun of an aussie xmas, but it probably wont happen for a few more years... but the difference will probably knock his socks off, lol. :D
lol not that Aussies NEED an excuse to get pissed :lol:

in a way we're lucky in the southern hemisphere for the fact that xmas and new years is in summer so unlike the northern hemisphere.. our festivities dont get dampened by how bloody cold it is. i bet you guys cant wait to get back here for a visit.