Official Off Topic Thread

Yngvai X said:
John 5 is actually a very talented guitarist.
I never said that he's not talented. He can write, I've heard some of his riffs played by friends of mine, and they're pretty cool. But he's still nothing compared to the guitarrists we talk about here in this forum. (Also, I had a similar argument earlier that day, and I guess it kinda carried over here.)

Rose Immortal said:
What is it people have against Manson? His marketing image?
I dont know about everyone else here, but I hate Manson, because he cant sing for shit, and his songs aren't too good. To me, music is art and..... I've gone through this a million times already, so I'm not gonna bother this time. But Manson's music is just crude, boring, and just so far from my style, that I just dont want to call it Metal. Besides, Manson can't sing for shit.

PoisonSeed said:
Must be very retarded as well, else why waste the talent with that cheap fuck Manson? Hope he can express it through his solo stuff at least...

Well, he may have whored himself out a bit, but he pretty much got instant success, probly has some bucks in the bank, and now is free to do what he wants. Sellout? Possibly, but i personally see absolutely nothing wrong with using something to eventually be able to live out your dream.

Beelzebub said:
When I saw you wrote the most recent post I was expecting a rant about how lame American football is and that we should stop calling football soccer ;)

Hahaha! :tickled:

The Yngster said:
My friend has a poster with the reasons why beer is better than a woman, its much funnier than the guitar one.

Post! Please hehe.

DoomsdayZach said:
Well, he may have whored himself out a bit, but he pretty much got instant success, probly has some bucks in the bank, and now is free to do what he wants. Sellout? Possibly, but i personally see absolutely nothing wrong with using something to eventually be able to live out your dream.

Using your logic, selling your ass to a random rich old man to get studio and equipment money is fine. You're just using your ass to live out your dream eventually.

PoisonSeed said:
Using your logic, selling your ass to a random rich old man to get studio and equipment money is fine. You're just using your ass to live out your dream eventually.

I think that's actually quite different, but you know... nice try.

Maybe my phrasing was a bit vague, but still you cannot liken playing in a band that doesn't show your full potential to being assraped by an impotent old man. There is just no similarity. Go ahead and argue till you're blue in the face, but it's still way off point.

DoomsdayZach said:
I think that's actually quite different, but you know... nice try.

Maybe my phrasing was a bit vague, but still you cannot liken playing in a band that doesn't show your full potential to being assraped by an impotent old man. There is just no similarity. Go ahead and argue till you're blue in the face, but it's still way off point.

I don't care about arguing. The point is the same to me, you can't be playing with a band for like 7 years -or how long Manson has existed- and then go out and pretend you didn't enjoy it. That's like selling out twice.

i don't think he's pretending like he didn't enjoy it. I'm sure he did. I'm giving a worst case scenario that, even if he didn't enjoy it, it got him recognition and a means to do what he wanted. Best case scenario? He had a blast with Manson and is continuing to do something completely different which he also loves.

I'm still a little concerned that you jumped right to old man giving the anal meat injection:err:

:lol:

I like Penguins caffeinated mints..cinnamon are the best..

webcinnoman.jpg

DoomsdayZach said:
Holy shit, i haven't seen those for years jax! Do you guys still have them over there?

The only ones i have seen are the ones in the black tin. They tasted like ass, but they were caffenated so i didn't care hahaha

I never see them in the store anymore, so I buy em online (www.peppermints.com).. and yeah, the minty ones suck, the cinnamon ones are the way to go, Altoids can't even compare. They have energy gum too, which has a lot of the same ingredients as Red Bull does..hehe. :)

Time to talk about the most boring subject on the face of the earth... the weather! New York got the FIRST snowfall of the season (finally!), a record 26 inches (around 65 cm) in Central Park, more than three times the anticipated amount. I absolutely love the snow, but that's probably because I've never had to shovel it. Commuting was such a hassle and it sucked. What is usually a 45 minute train ride turned into two and a half hours. It's good to be inside now, though.

Please help me figure this out, Black Diamond is a brand of guitar strings and there's a canadian company of the same name who make cheese and other dairy products. That cheese company makes Cheese Strings (they've been around since I was in 1st grade but whatever). Now, this wouldn't be as screwed up if the logos for both companies weren't nearly the same, but they are. WTF is up with that? (refer to http://i26.photobucket.com/albums/c104/stiltskin_kupo/UMsigsize2.png ) For all of you who don't know what Cheestrings are... They're pieces of cheese around the same size and shape of the average hot-dog that you peel and eat, like so http://www.cheestrings.ca/index2.htm . Is this a coincidence? Or did the folks at Black Diamond got the idea to make Cheestrings from Black Diamond guitar strings?