Official : Total Eclipse

ironcross

Crossy
Apr 12, 2001
www.downunderclansmen.com
ok, im nominating myself for this song. I should have my new humbugger in my guitar in a week or two so I plan on getting all my projects completed once thats done!

So who else is up for this? And who has the tab?

:deb:

Actually I think I may have some tab for it somewhere. I think its missing the solo's though. I'll have a look!

Has Medsy heard it yet?

MM, I was working on Wasting Love last night. Should have it done in a day or two :)

I have one tab for this one lacking the solo

Let's see if that attach thingie works...

Attachments

• total_eclipse.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 2
damn..... i still cant log out ec's account so i can access mm's ...ive tried deleting the cached pages and turning of auto complete and even deleted saved passwords..... but still i cant........

I havent heard these songs yet but i will asap.... dont think ill be playing on them though....... want to finish 7th and children first...... then keen for some kickass chemical wedding shit......so the spot on this one still up for grabs....!

hey lads...

Say,....can someone post me the link for the myplay log in page.....??? I know there is one...looks somethin like ...myplay.com.jsp? ...... i remember in the past i had my link in favorites as this...and i had to log on manually each time.....now my link is myplay.com and its all auto.......

Cheers..... i gotta get access.....arrrgh..... :(

:)

Rabs and anybody else interested. Ive retabbed Total Eclipse in Guitar Pro 3 format. Ive added a few things that were missing from the last tab. Its still missing a lead riff and the solos but the main rhythm should be helpful.

Don't blame me if there is one or two notes out of time I only just completed it :)

If you see any mistakes can you please change them and send it back to me. I would like to put it up on the mysongbook web site once we know its all correct :D

(SEE NEXT POST)

no problem man.

I do think that at a minimum, one of the export options in GP3 is a midi file...and Ptab can import that.

I'll check it out..that way we may be able to just swap midi files back..allowing us to use whatever tab software we want.

Im not at home at the moment but I might try and see if I can re-import the midi file. I can make them but im not sure about importing. I'll test it out soon.

I can also make it an ASCII Tab file if its real trouble. It will be missing a fair bit if you do that.

Its no biggie IC.

I just checked it out. I also exported from GP3 into midi format and imported it into PTab. Worked great.

You should do yourself the favor of checking out ptab. I find it much easier to use (for tabbing) than GP3..and its free. :) ...you can't beat GP3 for its huge library...but those of us who have been tabbing a fair bit prefer it.

Now...regarding your tab...Not bad. The bulk of the work is done..and the notes are all correct (at first sight). How accurate do you want this to get? The rhythm/note selection is off quite a bit....for example the main riff sounds a bit wrong...the ringing part after the main riff are triplets...etc.

If you want to convey the right chords/notes and the basic idea, this tab works great (and is better than most out there)...if you want the playback to sound exactly like the original, there are some modifications that need to be made.

Lemme know. :)