Ok so maybe it isn't sooo bad

Meanmistreator

Granada Porch Crew
Feb 25, 2004
Savacountry
Ok, so when I heard the Evergrey samples I was like yeah! And when I got the CD, I was like WTF! So then as I started to digest it a bit, I was thinkin' man the last for tracks realy smoke. So today, on the way home from work, I was listening, and the CD started over and I was like fuck yeah, I like the first two tracks also. So then I was thinking, you dumb ass, you like half the fuckin' CD. So there, it's starting to grow on me. The first half is a little different, but god... it's Evergrey right!:heh:

Yippee38 said:
Two weeks until I get my copy. I told Amazon to ship it with Crist-O and For the Sake of Revenge and Tribuzy. Can't wait.

That Tribuzy album is very solid... I'm surprised more power metal fans haven't caught on to it. Well, ok, part of the reason it's cool is because the main guy behind the band is rich, and had the money to throw around to bring in a shitload of cool guest stars. :heh:

But ordering from Amazon? You should be ashamed of yourself! :)

adaher said:
If you order from Amazon, you get it. Prices aren't as good, but they automatically refund you if you don't receive your item.

You can generally work out reshipment or refund with most online stores. I had a problem with not receiving a rather large shipment from buy.com about a year ago, and they reshipped the whole thing. Even so, for metal, I prefer when possible going with independent online prog / power / metal stores, like The Laser's Edge or The End, or others. If I'm going to use a bigger online store, I'd most likely use DeepDiscountCD... their prices are always lower than any other big online stores, and on top of that, they have free shipping... and I've never had a problem with not receiving shipments from them...

No offense, but couldn't this commentary be in the other Evergrey thread?
"Merge"!
That said, I refresh my earlier tentative comments on this cd to say it's soooo addictive. I love it. Grows on me with each spin. Can't wait to see them in Vermont.

As I was typing that I thought, "I ordered from Amazon. What is wrong with me." Then again, does it matter? The band still ends up with the same amount. I've been really surprised at Amazon's selection. There is very little they do not carry anymore.

Yippee38 said:
As I was typing that I thought, "I ordered from Amazon. What is wrong with me." Then again, does it matter? The band still ends up with the same amount. I've been really surprised at Amazon's selection. There is very little they do not carry anymore.

It's not just Amazon... the availability of underground prog and power metal has improved greatly over the last few years. Lots of smaller labels have decent distribution these days, and some of the bigger metal labels have excellent distribution.

Like you said though... the band gets paid regardless of which (legitimate) source you buy the CD from. But since the band gets paid the same amount no matter where I buy the CD from, I'd prefer to get it for the lowest possible price, not from Amazon, who has to build huge marketing and operational costs into their product prices... :heh: :)

Yippee38 said:

IMO it does matter. I'd rather support the Specialty vendors, that share the same passions I do.

I ALWAYS shop at the following before heading to major online stores...

Sentinel Steel
NEH Records
The End Records
Lasers Edge/CD
Nightmare Records
CD Inzane

DrumRman said:
IMO it does matter. I'd rather support the Specialty vendors, that share the same passions I do.

I ALWAYS shop at the following before heading to major online stores...

Sentinel Steel
NEH Records
The End Records
Lasers Edge/CD
Nightmare Records
CD Inzane

I normally shop at The End, Lasers Edge, or Impulse Music. However, I find that none of them have everything I'm looking for. They may carry all but one item, but that means two shipments, and twice the shipping costs.

I'll have to agree with the general sentiment of this thread. My initial reaction was meh, its ok. But it has definitely grown on me and gets played more and more.

Yippee38 said:
I normally shop at The End, Lasers Edge, or Impulse Music. However, I find that none of them have everything I'm looking for. They may carry all but one item, but that means two shipments, and twice the shipping costs.

The thing is, places like amazon will never have everything we need, these smaller shops are run by guys who love this music and will give you personal service. Plus they are cool people. What the hell is the big deal about paying 3 or 4 bucks more for shipping? Go to MacDonald's one less time this week to make up for the 4 bucks you spend on shipping--you end up spending the same amount of money for the week and your heart will thank you for it.

Sumeet said:
But ordering from Amazon? You should be ashamed of yourself! :)

I’ll admit that I love Amazon – I was buying stuff from them back when naysayers said there was no way the concept could ever turn a profit.

I’m still new to most of the artists who will be performing at PPVII Friday/Saturday, since it was the Pre-Party lineup that really got me interested. In an attempt to get up to speed, I visited Amazon this week and picked up releases from Jorn, Mercenary, Epica, and Freak Kitchen – AND purchased a baby gift for a friend.

Talk about “one-stop shopping.” Just hope that I got the addresses right. My friend does NOT share my taste in music, so I’m not sure which of us would be more upset if she got my CDs -- and I ended up with a baby bouncer… :mad:

Just back from Montreal and I did happen to see the album "showcased" at HMV and Archembault record shops. Was able to listen to most of the album and yes it does grow on you. Will be getting this one soon...

:p
AMBR said:
No offense, but couldn't this commentary be in the other Evergrey thread?
"Merge"!
That said, I refresh my earlier tentative comments on this cd to say it's soooo addictive. I love it. Grows on me with each spin. Can't wait to see them in Vermont.

It could be on one of a half dozen or more threads, but it isn't.:Smug:

Although, I should have titled it, why I buy from Amazon.:p