Old or New???

anarchy1001

New Metal Member
Jul 31, 2011
i don't seem to dislike what In Flames have come to become ....however most fans seem to be too obsessed with their old songs to like their new ones.....:bah:

In Flames will ALWAYS be remembered for their older albums from Jester Race(Oozing Testosterone from every inch of my body) to Clayman(Im still a beast). I completely forgot about albums like STYE(Gay whisper sex), ASOP(Need to cut myself with my tiny needle penis) and SOPF(Boring. YAWNN). Reroute to Remain and Come Clarity are actually pretty good, if they combined the best songs from both albums it would have been a successful transition from Clayman.

SOAPF is boring?? For such an "old" IF fan, I'd say that's surprising seeing as there are a lot of "old" IF elements in the album. I am still really confused by your definition of a successful transition. They keep getting bigger, so that's successful. Each album progresses without huge jumps. Also, I strictly believe Colony to Clayman was the biggest change of their career.

I can never listen to In Flames post Clayman releases without remembering how good they used to be. The real In Flames died in 2001, I still listen and like what they have put out since Clayman but I dont and never will love it. To me 'In Flames' produced 4 amazing albums then split up to form a different band, also called In Flames.

Haha

pre-reroute to remain In flames(including Lunar Strain) will always be my favourite. As much as I try to listen to the the others, I never get hooked onto it strongly as the older material.

I can never listen to In Flames post Clayman releases without remembering how good they used to be. The real In Flames died in 2001, I still listen and like what they have put out since Clayman but I dont and never will love it. To me 'In Flames' produced 4 amazing albums then split up to form a different band, also called In Flames.

isn't the sort of music IF make nowadays, what every other band is headed towards?
and what is so particularly bad about it???

Haha

pre-reroute to remain In flames(including Lunar Strain) will always be my favourite. As much as I try to listen to the the others, I never get hooked onto it strongly as the older material.

what is it in particular that you dislike?? anders' transition from death growls to high pitch screams? or something about how they play their music?

Nothing is wrong with TJR. Great album. I just think maybe LS and TJR are the two albums that are closest in atmosphere and sound, at least compared to all their other albums. Am I wrong?