Votes: 20 39.2%
  • New

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters

the_dying

Jan 4, 2003
La Flandre
gorath.blackmetal.be
I think this topic is discussed many times before. But know it's time to chose. Do you prefer the pre- or the post-Brave Murder days?

It's a hard question. I like the band since their first release, but now I can say the latest album touches me the most. So I'll vote for the new era.

I dont think I can answer this.......Im definately not one of those oldschool "gotta be the most hardcore" kind of guys anymore.......but I was in absolute awe when BMD came out......as well as every release since then......I really do like both of them....it just depends on my mood whether I listen to old or new.......so if the question was what do you listen to more it would be new era..........I will leave it at that....

I like the new stuff (especially Discourage Ones) but the For Funerals to Come ep was the first thing I heard from the band and it blew me away. I heard pretty much all the old stuff first before any of the new, and I honestly enjoy listening to those cathedral (not the band) sounding melodies and the music just touches my soul more.

I vote new era. I find that growl vocals take away from the melencholy feel, makes it feel less human or something

Also voted for new era as, besides BMD I'm not really that much into the older stuff... I prefer the hypnotic sound on Discouraged Ones, the progressive elements in Tonight's Decision and Viva Emptiness and the "easy listening" quality on LFDGD to the older stuff...

NEEEEEEEEEEW!!!!

I don't really care for DODS. BMD is good, but nothing spectacular.

From there on it has just gotten better. The two latest are among my absolute favourite albums of all time.

burton said:
Old logo > New logo. :Spin:
haha, I agree. As far as sound preference, my first real exposure to Katatonia was Viva Emptiness. I love it all. BMD is their best album I think, but I'll have to go for the newer sound. I really like Jonas's clean vocals.

daimonion said:
BMD is good, but nothing spectacular.

you can have your own opinion and everything but you just CAN'T put "BMD" and "nothing spectacular" in the same sentence.