Old vs new era

Old vs New era?

• Old

Votes: 20 39.2%
  • New

Votes: 31 60.8%

• Total voters
New era has more of my favorite songs, but if I want to hear a throat-ripping, soul-torturing scream, I don't listen to Discouraged Ones -- I have to go to the old era, namely Funeral Wedding. And if I want long, meandering escapades into epic sorrow, I also have to go to the old era. But if I want a more personal, affecting bleakness, I have to go to the new era.

So, class, it is really simple:

Old era = New era

But for the sake of the thread I'll go with new era, for the reason stated in my first sentence.

*cough*

Main Entry: pen·ta·gram
Pronunciation: 'pen-t&-"gram
Function: noun
Etymology: Greek pentagrammon, from penta- + -grammon (akin to gramma letter) -- more at [size=-1]GRAM[/size]
: a figure of a 5-pointed star usually made with alternate points connected by a continuous line and used as a magic or occult symbol; also : a similar 6-pointed star (as a Solomon's seal)

--------

pentagram

n : a star with 5 points; formed by 5 straight lines between the vertices of a pentagon and enclosing another pentagon [syn: pentacle]

--------

pen·ta·cle ([font=verdana, sans-serif] P [/font]) Pronunciation Key (p
ebreve.gif
n
prime.gif
t
schwa.gif
-k
schwa.gif
l)
n.
A five-pointed star, often held to have magical or mystical significance, formed by five straight lines connecting the vertices of a pentagon and enclosing another pentagon in the completed figure. Also called pentagram.

And 'pentagrams are encircled' while 'pentacles are open' is not necessarily true. In fact, I've read not only that, but that the opposite is true (pentagrams open, pentacles enclosed), and also that the difference between the two lies in whether it is inscribed on a surface, i.e. paper, or whether it is a physical object, i.e. a pendant. So there seem to be three schools of thought.

^_^

While 'Brave Murder Day' and 'Sounds of Decay' have brought butterflies, tears and laughter, I still voted for the new era. 'Last Fair Deal Gone Down' is my all time favourite album, and 'Tonight's Decision' and 'Viva Emptiness' plus the bonus tracks from the various eps and 'Wait Outside' all help to put this era above the former.

At any rate, they're an amazing band and one of the few decade old bands who are going more or less from strength to strength.

that's difficult.. and i can't really decide.. the old one is GREAT.. the new one is GREAT as well..

(i just didn't like 2 much the 'viva emptiness'.. it's good.. but not as good as it could be.. there are some great musics.. but i think it is below the others albums)

:headbang:

..whatever.. old or new.. it's KATATONIA anyway.. ;)

old = new

BMD is #1 and VE is #2

(i just didn't like 2 much the 'LFDGD'.. it's good.. but not as good as it could be.. there are some great tunes.. but i think it is below the other albums)

Discouraged Ones

Brave Murder Day

Viva Emptiness

Katatonia are an incredibly versatile band and one of the only I know that can change their sound so significantly but still not lose what makes them, them.