Olympics 2008

Shawn Johnson is so frikkin cute. Not in a overly sexual way; she just embodies cuteness. Good to see the judges not screw her over.

I can't get too upset about volleyball and such. These events are being run at early morning hours which is the best you can do to get things lined up with American prime time. I can't understand why golf isn't included. It's definitely international enough. Besides, the fact that a single country dominates shouldn't exclude an event, as is happening with softball. Synchro diving is owned by China, but they haven't canned that. Dumping softball reeks of anti-American politics.

Great performances by the two...it was in there hands at the end and they stepped up bigtime and grabbed it. That was as entertaining, intense, and dramatic as anything we'll see.

Apparently, Usain Bolt broke the WR in the 100m with a 9.69 (previous being 9.72 held by him) and yet at the 80m he showboated the last 20m rofl. I want to see him going all out.

I hate swimming,a sport where you get a new world record each race shouldn´t have as high of a status as it has.

He sets world records ever race because he trained his ass off and is literally the greatest swimmer ever. Seeing him completely blow his competition out of the water and obliterate standing world records (most of which were his own records) is one of the greatest things any of us will see in our lives.

I hate swimming,a sport where you get a new world record each race shouldn´t have as high of a status as it has.

What are you fucking talking about? That means that the people breaking the records are pushing themselves further than before. Swimming takes more athleticism than you think

The 8 eight gold medals is an awesome accomplishment, but it should be billed as a swimming accomplishment rather than Olympic accomplishment. There's no area besides swimming where anyone could reasonably compete for 8 medals, maybe, maybe track and field, if you were a complete freak of nature and could run short and long distances, and do jumps.

this announcer on the olympics said that some records are broken because of a fast pool, what the fack does that mean?

Medal count:

China: 33 Gold, 13 Silver, 12 Bronze 58 Total
United States: 19 Gold, 21 Silver, 25 Bronze, 65 Total
Great Britain: 11 Gold, 6 Silver, 8 Bronze, 25 Total

EDIT: Actually China has more than 5 golds in weightlifting:

Women's 48kg CHEN Xiexia
Women's 58kg CHEN Yanqing
Women's 69kg LIU Chunhong
Women's 75kg CAO Lei

Men's 56kg LONG Qingquan
Men's 62kg ZHANG Xiangxiang
Men's 69kg LIAO Hui