OMG Noltem EP

I'm going to get The Falls when I drink for the first time in a month on Friday LOLOSLZOZLOZLZOLZZOLZOZLZOZL

Not funny.

I had an alternate name for the EP which was "The Ashes of Ivy", yay or nay? It sort of fits the sound this time around a bit better, and I guess also goes with the cover?

Niagara%20Falls%20(4).jpg

yes .. this is better .. i am thinking some girl was burned in those woods ... le creepy :loco:

I like it.

nae

if the title is to fit the picture.. I think "the ashes of ivy" fits less than "the falls"

I can hear "the falls" and that forest scene can still come to mind, the mist, the wetness of it, plus wooded falls areas I have been too have the same dense deciduous growth

I think "ashes of ivy" and I think exactly as it says, which would be the opposite of that

also Ashes of Ivy with a forest theme seems too cliche to me for some reason

can hear "the falls" and that forest scene can still come to mind, the mist, the wetness of it, plus wooded falls areas I have been too have the same dense deciduous growth

Yeah, that makes sense. Stick with The Falls.

Chromatose said:
nae

if the title is to fit the picture.. I think "the ashes of ivy" fits less than "the falls"

I can hear "the falls" and that forest scene can still come to mind, the mist, the wetness of it, plus wooded falls areas I have been too have the same dense deciduous growth

I think "ashes of ivy" and I think exactly as it says, which would be the opposite of that

also Ashes of Ivy with a forest theme seems too cliche to me for some reason

You seem to be making my sense for me today. <3

Marksveld said:
You seem to be making my sense for me today. <3

I <3 the new logo as well. And the cover. And the EP's title. If someone didn't like Ashes of Ivy, though, they'd transform it into "Asses of Ivy." :erk: Anyway, I trust a copy of this will show up in my mailbox for reviewing purposes. :tickled: :dopey: Great work!

circus_brimstone said:
Anyway, I trust a copy of this will show up in my mailbox for reviewing purposes. :tickled: :dopey: Great work!

Sure thing!

If anyone is wondering WTF this sounds like, there is A VERY INCOMPLETE version of "To the Heights" at www.myspace.com/noltem . Once again, I'm going to stress the VERY INCOMPLETE part of that, I could type that 2362734623412 times, and there will always be someone who says "it sounds kind of rough, and the song could really use some vocals". It annoys the fuck out of me, frankly. To describe the second song: Epic, fast, and at times quite uplifting, I think. Complete with folk (yes, with dulcimer) intro! OMG!

mmm 'descent into the heights' sounds pretty good, alittle rough (wheres the vox?) jk. :loco: The part around 5 minutes sounds very nice (strumming, distortion coming in), keep up the good work.

Marksveld said:
Sure thing!

If anyone is wondering WTF this sounds like, there is A VERY INCOMPLETE version of "To the Heights" at www.myspace.com/noltem . Once again, I'm going to stress the VERY INCOMPLETE part of that, I could type that 2362734623412 times, and there will always be someone who says "it sounds kind of rough, and the song could really use some vocals". It annoys the fuck out of me, frankly. To describe the second song: Epic, fast, and at times quite uplifting, I think. Complete with folk (yes, with dulcimer) intro! OMG!

:cool: I really enjoy your music! :worship: If it's cool with you, I'd rather push the Noltem interview back to coincide with the upcoming release. Btw, I'll take the review/interview for UM, and review for TMO. Don't let Opeth17 horn in! :p :loco: Btw, I still need an official copy of Hymn of the Wood.