The "Mannaz" EP thread

MFJ

Jan 20, 2004
Behind the mist.
Okay, so I'm not making a bunch of threads about this album from now until it is released, I'm making THIS the official thread concerning all things about the EP. All of my work is done, I just need to convert it to a digital format from my tapes and then send it off to Mr. Erik. I will allow Erik and Ellis literally as much time as they need to finish their parts, but hopefully this thing will be seeing the light of day soon!

Current information: the first press (maybe even the only one), is going to be funded by my self and will consist of 150 hand-numbered pro CD-R copies. There will be enough for everyone that is affiliated with Royal Carnage (and I owe many of you free copies. If it forget about that, just remind me!)

Noltem - "Mannaz" EP

Mannaz_cover.jpg

1. Part I - Through Hill and Hollow
2. Part II - Secrets in the Stone
3. Part II - The Piper's Nightmusic

"Mannaz" was created and recorded by:
MFJ - All strings and compositions
Ellis Whitson - All drums and percussion
Erik Grahn - All vocals and programming

Recorded in Connecticut/Maryland, USA and Sweden during the year 2007
Produced by Erik Grahn
Cover art by Mikhail Vrubel ("Pan", 1899)
Layout by Nico Lombard
Logo created by Matthew Stikker

That's all for now. There will be many updates within the next coming week. If you don't give a fuck about my band or this EP, feel free to say so... or you could just avoid the thread.

Adieu!

"Mannaz" was created and recorded by:
MFJ - All strings and compositions
Ellis Whitson - All drums and percussion
Erik Grahn - All vocals and programming
Produced by Erik Grahn
Layout by Nico Lombard
Logo created by Matthew Stikker

This all-RC (and ex-RC) cast is so awesome! This is the kind of thing I want to happen if I ever record music!

this whole thing was supposed to just be me and a good friend of mine who is an awesome drummer, but i literally do not have the resources to do that! i'm so lucky to have talented people from this forum who are willing to help...

good luck with getting this completed! can't wait to hear the finished pieces

is Erik writing the lyrics for this one or are you doing all the text yourself?

i offered to let him do it, but he insisted that he use my lyrics. i want him to at least do some of the vocal arrangements... i want him to be a part of this, not just some session member.

Awesome! Hey Max, I revisited the songs on the Noltem myspace (unfortuntely I didn't grab the cd before it sold out), and I don't think I'd have any trouble learning those bass lines, so if those Swedes can't make it for the RC party (if it happens), I'm game!

sounds good. if i can find local folks to fill the guitar/bass roster, i might do that. it'd just be easier for everyone, seeing as how we all live in different states. thanks for checking the songs out though, the bass riffs certainly aren't anything incredible.