The "Mannaz" EP thread

More details later, but the 150 CD-R press of the EP has been upgraded to 1000 pro CDs and perhaps some vinyls down the road.

If you're releasing this by yourself, 1000 copies is a lot, you can sell maybe 200-300 directly to customers and rest of them have to be distributed to other sellers. The fact is, that these days 95% of the labels only do trades instead of buying wholesale, so prepare to start a distro and have extra cash to postages for trading.

However, I think it's much smarter to release it as 1000 on real cd, than 150 on CDr.

And what I said will apply to any "new" band without without a big-name members.

If you're releasing this by yourself, 1000 copies is a lot, you can sell maybe 200-300 directly to customers and rest of them have to be distributed to other sellers. The fact is, that these days 95% of the labels only do trades instead of buying wholesale, so prepare to start a distro and have extra cash to postages for trading.

However, I think it's much smarter to release it as 1000 on real cd, than 150 on CDr.

And what I said will apply to any "new" band without without a big-name members.

This is a mindful consideration. But at least there'll be no pressure on Max.