One of the most anticipated reads of 2008 ...

Kirkfjell

Sep 2, 2003
Brämhult, Sweden
Visit site
... has got to be when Mike updates the biography section with part XI. That ought to contain information about the recording of the new album (Shoelace Pie :kickass:), Mikes and Annas second daughter Mirjam (was she named after one of the new songs, perhaps :)) and Mr Fredrik Åkesson joining the band.

I don't know about you guys, but I think its interesting to get "behind the music" and read Mikes own words about the recordings and other band related things. And its great that he takes the time to share it with us.

Anyone but me who can't wait to find out which cover-songs they recorded during the sessions?

Yeah, Axe just took over the Tama endorsement from Lopez but wasn't too happy with them. He wanted DW but wasn't sure that they'd accept him, but they did and AFAIK he's quite happy with them.

opeths website is probably the best offical website. so much info on all types of things that fans would wanna know.

thought so. when it got inetr-thread i started thinking that im went crazy or something..
although i hate those kind of jokes. i would fall for anything really :)

For some reason I always wanted to hear Opeth's take on a classic Metallica song, either from Ride the Lightning, Master of Puppets or ... And Justice for All. It'd be interesting to see what growls, keyboards and the overall diversity of Opeth could bring out in a track from that era. "Call of Kthulhu" might be nice ... "The thing that should not be" could definitely work, or "Master of Puppets" perhaps?

Or maybe an Emperor track from In the Nightside Eclipse or Anthems to the Welkin at Dusk ...

Lots of wishes, high expectations ... = )

if you guys keep this shit up then the album will relly be called Shoelace Pie. Yur just gonna say it so much that Mikael is gonna go to the forums drunk one day and be like...oh what the hell....why not.

if not then i guess that should be a trivia question or something(what joke name was put for the new album) But then again, the right answer might be A Holocaust On The Moon

No no, it'll be something happy. Something they have never done before. Some folky tunes, some covers.. :)
Oh yeah, Shoelace Pie will rock!

Kinda off-topic, but I think it would be really cool if Mike wrote a "happy" song. I don't mean happy as in pop music happy, but a song that you know... hard to explain... but emits happy emotions... or something.
Never think I have heard a "happy" song that I liked, but I think Mike could pull it off!

Though I love sad songs of course :)