Setlists for 2008

Nichtsicher

Jan 24, 2006
Melbourne, Australia
Well considering the new album (arguably the most anticipated evvaar) will be out soon and then they are off on tour, probably for another 7 years like the GR tour I was just curious to what people would like to be on some of the gig set lists (yes another one of those threads). Personally, now that GR is in the past id like to hear Beneath The Mire or even Atonement, you know, something different. Prehaps even Isolation years instead of a damnation song. What I would love to hear is Epilogue and In mist she was standing. But Epilogue more haha. What is also going to be interesting this year round is that this being the 9th album some albums are going to miss out on gig apperences so to speak, this will probably more apparent due to the promotion of the new album 'Shoelace Pie'.

Also, on a more local note I hope they play at the Forum again in Melbourne that was such a good venue...

Cheers

Run To The Hills
Number Of The Beast
Brave New World
Running Free
Fear Of The Dark

... shit, wrong band...

Wish list:

Ghost Reveries - Harlequin Forest, Atonement, or Beneath the Mire
Damnation - Hope Leaves
Deliverance - Masters Apprentice or Wreath
Blackwater Park - Dirge for November or The Funeral Portrait
Still Life - Benighted or Moonlapse Vertigo
MAYH - April Ethereal, The Amen Corner, or Karma
Morningrise - Anything really
Orchid - Same deal as Morningrise

But I'd just be happy to finally see them live, whatever the setlist ends up being.

unless they extend there set time to 2 1/2 hours I wouldn't expect to really see much older material. they'll have to perform at least 2 or 3 songs from the new album. then there's the 4 or 5 staple songs, ( deliverance, Drapery Falls, Ghost of Perdition, Closure ...to name a few ) in a standard headlining 1hr and 30 minute set there's just nota whole lot of time to play 10 minute long songs. but I do hope they switch it up a little with some other rarities, would love to hear Serenity Painted Death, or Karma...some more material from that era would be really great.

Mikael just called me and asked me to set up the 2008 tour setlist, so you're lucky I'm gonna spoil the songs that are not from the new album for you here:

Ghost of Perdition
The Moor
The Baying of the Hounds
Credence
Demon of the Fall
The Twilight is my Robe

:worship:

Here's my wish list combined with keeping things as realistic as possible (making a 60 minute set is impossible, so I'm going with 90 minutes and hoping...):

April Ethereal -- What a great opening song!
Ghost of Perdition -- Overplayed, but the best song from GR
New Song
Serenity Painted Death -- Never heard this live. Saving all else, this is my #1 request!!!
Godhead's Lament -- Ditto. #2 request.
New Song
A Fair Judgment -- I don't think this song gets the respect it deserves. It's a great slower song with enough heavy elements to keep me interested.
Deliverance -- A must. Gets the crowd going crazy.
Blackwater Park -- The encore/closer. I've had enough Demon of the Fall. This song destroys.

I agree with the_drip concerning earlier songs. They did well on their last few tours to play some old songs, but now the catalogue is getting quite large. To play even one song from each album would be difficult, if not impossible, during a supporting gig.

id love to hear :

Beneath the Mire
Moonlapse Vertigo
2 new songs
April Ethereal
The Funeral Portrait
The Twilight is my Robe
The Night and Silent water
Wreath(dont really like the song but i can imagine it would crush live)

Baying of the Hounds
Harlequin forest
Serenity Painted Death
Funeral Portrait
Master's Apprentices
Hope Leaves
Harvest

April Ethereal
Master's Apprentices
When
The Baying of the Hounds
Godheads Lament
A Fair Judgement
To Bid You Farewell
The Leper Affinity

Something like that would be pretty good IMO

hmm i'd definitely go with to bid you farewell, hours of wealth, and beneath the mire...hearing those three songs would just make the night even better

hey forget the fact that opeth will play more than 1 hour... they're not the last band of the 1st or second night, so they have to strictly respect timings.
or that's what i think anyway...

Opeth 2008 setlist

~intro~

April Ethereal

dirge for november

black rose immortal

isolation years

credence

wreath

harvest

hope leaves

by the pain i see in others