symphony x- Paradise lost
blind guardian- a night at the opera
angra- temple of shadows

for other:

Jethro Tull- aqualung
Cat stevens- teaser and the firecat
Igor Stravinsky- the Firebird
Kiko Loureiro- Universo inverso
a mix of hindustani ragas(sitar), japanese shakuhachi, and chinese gu quin- for meditation

I wonder about the guys who put only metal or prog bands. But hey, I guess if you like monotony :lol:

If it was 5 cds worth of random songs, I'd probably have plenty of non metal stuff in there, but while there are plenty of non metal songs I like, there's few non-metal albums.

The great thing with prog and why i picked prog albums is because the skys the limit. Prog incorporates so many different styles, Jazz, Fusion, Classical,Ambient and world music, ozric tentacles being that example. Of course i loved the beatle too but my top five has all the elements that would never bore me!!!

Queen - A Night at the Opera
Symphony X - Live at the edge of Forever
Metallica - S&M
Iced Earth - Alive in Athens (3 disc set)
Megadeth - Capitol Punishment

Hey guys, how about y'all stop being dicks and ragging on people because they want to listen to all metal or all one band? it's a hypothetical question, not a life changing decision.

:mad:

ok, that out of the way, i'd say...

Maiden - Live after Death
Rainbow - Rising
Halford - Live Insurrection
Queensryche - Operation:Mindcrime
Swallow the Sun - Ghosts of Loss

I don't know that those are my all time favorite albums, but i know they have the stuff that i just cannot get tired of.

Hey guys, how about y'all stop being dicks and ragging on people because they want to listen to all metal or all one band? it's a hypothetical question, not a life changing decision.

:mad:

ok, that out of the way, i'd say...

Maiden - Live after Death
Rainbow - Rising
Halford - Live Insurrection
Queensryche - Operation:Mindcrime
Swallow the Sun - Ghosts of Loss

I don't know that those are my all time favorite albums, but i know they have the stuff that i just cannot get tired of.

It's life changing for me:lol:

Thats a toughy...

Dream Theater - Awake (On another day i could just as quickly say I&W or SFAM)
Nevermore - This godless endeavor
Primus - Pork Soda
Rollins Band - The end of silence
Pink Floyd - Wish you were here

I'd pass. If I didnt, everytime I started playing my music and getting into it I would think "oh yea, I remember there was this other song that was really great" and then Id suffer in turmoil because I couldnt get to it. So I would shed myself of these evil tools of the devil and find pleasure in the sounds of nature................. run naked through the forest........ stuff like that

YES-Tales From Topographic Oceans
YES-Big Generator
OPETH-My Arms, Your Hearse
GENESIS-Wind And Wuthering
OPETH-Blackwater Park

Have to agree with ya' razoredge...except for the naked part....don't need to wake up to my hooha being nibbled on by the critters.