Only 3 cds for the rest of your life, What are they?

Candlemass-Nightfall
Zero Hour-The Towers of Avarice
Primordial-The Gathering Wilderness

I'll burn 1 DVD
part-1 : The Dark Chapter, Symphony X, Twilight In Olympus, DWOT, The Damnation Game

part-2: Rarities And Demos, Dance Macabre, Live On The Edge Of Forever album,V-The New Mythology Suite

part-3: The Odyssey, Twilight In Olympus, Paradise Lost, Damnation Game, Enter By The Twelfth Gate, The Last Viking-Johansson, Piano Overture-Vitalij Kuprij feat. Michael Romeo, Flight Of The Migrator(single)-Ayreon

Does a 2 disk album count as one , cuz that makes a big differance to me on my choices lol!!!
Cuz i know i would want at least one live to remember what live sounded like
But seriously i been trying to pick 3 and its friggin hard to

Wow, good idea for a thread.

Well...

Symphony X - V
Yes - Symphonic Live
Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon

Great idea for a topic!

Ayreon - Into The Electric Castle
Shadow Gallery - Room V
Symphony X - Divine Wings Of Tragedy

evergrey - recreation day
symphony x - V
dissection - reinkaos

not sure about dissection i was between them opeth dimmu borgir and pantera lol

i am really a meat and potatoes prog and death metal guy

PoS - Perfect Element
Frost* - Milliontown
Opeth - Ghost Reveries
SymX - V

I can't choose which to leave out...

You seem to have the same taste in music as i do so after kind of blowing off POS all these years I bought the perfect element and im loving it , are there other albums anywere as good as this one ? Thanks

You seem to have the same taste in music as i do so after kind of blowing off POS all these years I bought the perfect element and im loving it , are there other albums anywere as good as this one ? Thanks

My personal list would be
1. Remedy Lane
2. Entropia
3. BE
4. The Perfect Element
5. Scarsick
6. One Hour By The Concrete Lake

Then again I would never have Ghost Reveries or any Pain of Salvation album as one of the 3 albums for the rest of my life.

My personal list would be
1. Remedy Lane
2. Entropia
3. BE
4. The Perfect Element
5. Scarsick
6. One Hour By The Concrete Lake

Then again I would never have Ghost Reveries or any Pain of Salvation album as one of the 3 albums for the rest of my life.

Cool thanks
Wow Perfect element down that far hmm i gotta check out the rest for sure
I really liked it alot right on the first listen kinda reminds me os Seiges Even a little
ill buy some tonight!!
Am i jumping to conclusions about Scarsick , I have heard some of it and it kinda sounds to experimental trippy mellow But i can't really tell without hearing it all anyway
Thanks for the input!!!

The thing about Scarsick is that it's very inconsistent. It mixes genres and styles but it's only successful a few times.

Scarsick and Spitfall, the first two songs, are very weak. The third, Cribcaged, is one of my favorite PoS songs. America is awesome, at least musically. Don't know what to say about Disco Queen... It's disco-progmetal. Kingdom of Loss is a typical PoS song I guess. The rest is so-so except Enter Rain which is a good 10-minute song.

Tnanks for the input Im really digging this band can't belive i passed them up a few times before
But ya gotta love when you find something new to you and you really feel the music