Only 5 cds

1) The Beatles - White Album
2) Lynyrd Skynyrd - Street Survivors
3) The Dregs - Unsung Heroes
4) Steve Vai - Passion & Warfare
5) Freak Kitchen - Dead Soul Men

That was actually pretty easy..... :)

Unsung Heros...great choice...I still listen to my cassette...my favorite Dregs....I'll Just Pick owns!

V The New Mythology Suite -SymX
Operation: Mindcrime-Queensryche
Rust In Peace-Megadeth
Erotic Cakes-Guthrie Govan
No Parole From Rock n Roll-Alcatrazz

here it goes
once in a livetime- dream theater
live on the edge of forever-symphony x
the best of hootie and the blowfish-hootie
somewhere far beyond-blind guardian
the electric joe satrania an anthology
do burnt cd's count? because let me tell you if I could mix and match look out!

yeah, my brother and his wife listen to them all the time. And he has broadband internet, and I have nothing so I use their's all the time, so needless to say I am over there all the time. Hootie really started to grow on me, now I think I would actually see them live. On a side note, I think the top 10 cd's list would be alot better. I could add porcupine tree and more of the ones I already listed.

1. Symphony X - V: The New Mythology Suite
2. Savatage: The Wake of Magellan
3. Dream Theater: Awake
4. Dredg: El Cielo
5. A film music compilation I have (Williams, Rozsa, Zimmer, etc.)

Judging from above, I wouldn't last without epicness. :)

Dude, Big Generator rules. Highly underrated Yes album.

Zach: You're asking me not to be a dick. :lol:

Couldn't agree more! I'm probably the biggest Yes fan, and to me, from 71'-77'...those are great albums, Topographic being to me their best of that era. I also love the Drama album. But, Big G has always spoke to me.The song, I'm Running I think is one of the best pieces of Yes music out there. I love the atmosphere of this album. Trevor Rabin proved on this, and the next album that he could create strong complex prog. Of course he could write catchy music/songs, but geez, his whole family, like Rick Wakeman's, were all classically trained. Trevor has been since six. He's a very, very good keyboardist/pianist as well.

Couldn't agree more! I'm probably the biggest Yes fan, and to me, from 71'-77'...those are great albums, Topographic being to me their best of that era. I also love the Drama album. But, Big G has always spoke to me.The song, I'm Running I think is one of the best pieces of Yes music out there. I love the atmosphere of this album. Trevor Rabin proved on this, and the next album that he could create strong complex prog. Of course he could write catchy music/songs, but geez, his whole family, like Rick Wakeman's, were all classically trained. Trevor has been since six. He's a very, very good keyboardist/pianist as well.

Big generator is awesome,i also like union aswell:worship:

On the Union album, I just wished that the songs (a little more than half) were all collaberated on within the band. The record label, and management were literally hands on. And some musical pieces within songs were placed in spots by the label and management. But that tour....WOW!! They had 4 shows in Florida. I went to three. Camped out for 2 days, for tickets for 2 of the 3 shows. They played 'In the Round" that tour. They were the band that started the round stage back in the 70's I wish more bands would do this. Miracle of Life, Silent Talking, Lift Me up, and Take the Water to the Mountain are the best ones on Union.

so I take it the album and tour your talking about had that song Owner of a Broken Heart, or what ever its properly titled ? With Trevor Rabin... mid eithties? I had a freind that went and heard all about the rotating stage and how great the band was.

about the other thing.... Racoons have this thing they do with their front feet that is to die for.... dont knock it if you havent tried it........

I guess this topic is a little different than the typical "your top 5 albums of all time" threads. Thinking of a good variety of music that you can't live without sounds like a truly hard task. Guess I can try...

Xenogears OST (videogame soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda)
Symphony X - V
X-Japan - a burned cd with a mix of all my favorite songs
Pain of Salvation - Remedy Lane
Dir en grey - Gauze

This was really hard and I have a few honorable mentions that were hard to pass up

Shadow Hearts II OST (another game soundtrack by Yasunori Mitsuda)
General Fuzz - Aberrations
Pain of Salvation - BE
Savatage - Wake of Magellan
Ayreon - either ItEC, THE, or 0101101010101 whatever its called...
Phil Collins - some type of "best of" compilation (don't know why, but I enjoy a lot of his stuff very much..)

If I included non-metal I guess I could go with:

Cynic - Focus
Augury - Concealed
Pink Floyd - Wish You Were Here
Explosions In The Sky - The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place
Sufjan Stevens - Come On, Feel The Illinoise!

so I take it the album and tour your talking about had that song Owner of a Broken Heart, or what ever its properly titled ? With Trevor Rabin... mid eithties? I had a freind that went and heard all about the rotating stage and how great the band was.

about the other thing.... Racoons have this thing they do with their front feet that is to die for.... dont knock it if you havent tried it........

Owner Of A Lonely Heart isn't on Union. But Union owns. 1991. You're thinking of the album 90125, released 1983. I'm one of those strange people who thinks that Yes' best material was tracked after 1979.

Well I know the stuff I heard (but never owned) when Rabin was in the band was more up my alley than the old stuff, excluding Round About, Im sure they had other songs as great but what do I know, I never persued them based on my over all first impression, I remember hearing and reading all about how awesome Wakeman was with his synthesizer and other keyboards, so I checked it out and was like "oh yea thats really great music.... Idontthinkso!" What can I say Im just not an electronic keyboard kinda guy. The high school band recruited me senior year to do the guitar part for some song that seems to me must have been off Tales from a Topographic Ocean and I was less than impressed "this doesnt ROCK!" .... lol.... "kids in those days" ! I was like fuck this, I wanted to do JCS for the senior play... now that would have been awesome.