Only 5 cds

On the Union album, I just wished that the songs (a little more than half) were all collaberated on within the band. The record label, and management were literally hands on. And some musical pieces within songs were placed in spots by the label and management. But that tour....WOW!! They had 4 shows in Florida. I went to three. Camped out for 2 days, for tickets for 2 of the 3 shows. They played 'In the Round" that tour. They were the band that started the round stage back in the 70's I wish more bands would do this. Miracle of Life, Silent Talking, Lift Me up, and Take the Water to the Mountain are the best ones on Union.

My favourite track on union is anghor wat:kickass:

Oh man.. Close to the Edge > Fragile > Tales from Topographic Oceans > Relayer > the rest. With the title track of Close to the Edge being my favorite song, and The Revealing Science of God probably my second favorite. I hate Owner of a lonely heart.

Very hard to choose

Arcturus - La masquerade infernale
Symphony X - The odyssey
Dream Theater - Train of thought
Emperor - Anthems to the welkin at dusk
Metallica - ...And justice for all

If I could go to 10, I'd add those;

Slayer - Seasons in the abyss
Megadeth - Rust in peace
Overkill - Horrorscope
Iced earth - Something wicked this way comes
Cynic - focus

The Ladder > Union > Big Generator > 90125 > Magnification > The early stuff.

I know. Probably opposite every other Yes fan, but that's how it breaks down for me. Weedly Weedly prog bores me.

Owner Of A Lonely Heart isn't on Union. But Union owns. 1991. You're thinking of the album 90125, released 1983. I'm one of those strange people who thinks that Yes' best material was tracked after 1979.

What do you think of Drama?

Being that the thread was pick 5 albums, and being a huge Yes fan, I had to put those 2 that I posted. And, Tales From... has 80 minutes of great music on it. I still, to this day, play that album at least every other week. I tend to listen to Big Generator on cold mornings. As for the racoon suggestion, razoredge...I'll have to get in my garbage can outside around 2 a.m. and wait till they show up, and jump in.

It's not bad. Doesn't stand out to me among the rest of that era.

No, I can agree with that. I do love the album, though. Steve Howe, until that album, didn't play a lot of heavy rhythm cords. And it's too bad...kinda liked some of the heavy chords he came up with, as well as the Asia stuff.

Eighties Yes is what got me into Yes. I was only 13, when 90125 came out. Just floored me! I remember some of my friends(at the time) asking me,when I discovered their 70's stuff "Why are you listening to that old crap?" Hey, good music moves me, regardless of when it was produced. The same goes for SX....hearing them for the first time, back in 96' blew me away. I stopped listening to radio around 90', and the mid 90's was dominated by a lot of sub-par stuff. I got the practically the same response from people regarding SX, " Nobody listens to that heavy metal stuff anymore!" because they were into Bush, Godsmack, etc.. It's funny, because a lot of these very people the last 2-3 years, won't stop badgering me about making them a copy of SX stuff.

black sabbath - sabbath
The oddessy - SX
Rainbow Rising - Rainbow
Holy Diver - Dio
Dehumanzier - Sabbath

so many more, but that off the top of my head

hard to choose only 5 but....

symphony x - the odyssey
rhapsody - dawn of victory
children of bodom - hatebreeder
death - spiritual healing
wu tang clan - enter the wu tang (36 chambers)