Only 3 cds for the rest of your life, What are they?

Yeah, I feel like I'd have to have the third one to be something far from metal, cause I already have enough of that in my two picks. Still... I think I could take Queen - Greatest Hits II for the nostalgia factor (for me).

Porcupine Tree - Fear of a Blank Planet
Augury - Concealed
Cynic - Traced in Air
Gorguts - The Erosion of Sanity
Iron and Wine - The Shepherd's Dog
Martyr - Feeding the Abscess
Atheist - Unquestionable Presence
King Crimson - In the Court of the Crimson King
Edge of Sanity - Crimson

Pick any three of the above and you've got something close enough.

Symphony X - V for epic moments
Pantera - Vulgar Display of Power when I need to let some steam off
And third would probably be some classical CD for those calm moments or maybe just Mike Oldfields Tubular Bells, hah.

Your friend was obviously the coolest dude ever if there was Manowar at his funeral. That's awesome.

Hell man it was a totally musical funeral. Joe and I played and sang the intro/acoustic/vocal part of an epic song we three wrote way back, he called it Bards Quest. I recited a poetic piece I wrote inspired by Todds writtings. Others played some cover songs and Chris our biggest fan played the Manowar song (on CD). That was all at the cemetary, the minister still got the last word, though I tried with the poem, she tricked me... lol

Then we went up to his brothers house where the after party was and they had the demo tape of four songs they recorded with the band previous to my involvement blasting on the stereo. Todd was all about the metal, pretty creative and had a great voice when he applied himself.

Yes he was our coolest dude ever and we are all still at a loss of comprehension nearly 2 years later. Time got away from us and then he was gone.

Im struggling with this epic thing we (mostly me) are writting for his honor, a symbolic warrior story of sorts but ironically I dont seem to be able to do it without him... I have music coming out like mad but melody and lyrics were his thing more than mine.

I'm babbling but we loved this dude, I can say without question Awaken the Guardian would be his top pick for this topic, followed by some Maiden album Seventh Son most likely

Hell man it was a totally musical funeral. Joe and I played and sang the intro/acoustic/vocal part of an epic song we three wrote way back, he called it Bards Quest. I recited a poetic piece I wrote inspired by Todds writtings. Others played some cover songs and Chris our biggest fan played the Manowar song (on CD). That was all at the cemetary, the minister still got the last word, though I tried with the poem, she tricked me... lol

Then we went up to his brothers house where the after party was and they had the demo tape of four songs they recorded with the band previous to my involvement blasting on the stereo. Todd was all about the metal, pretty creative and had a great voice when he applied himself.

Yes he was our coolest dude ever and we are all still at a loss of comprehension nearly 2 years later. Time got away from us and then he was gone.

Im struggling with this epic thing we (mostly me) are writting for his honor, a symbolic warrior story of sorts but ironically I dont seem to be able to do it without him... I have music coming out like mad but melody and lyrics were his thing more than mine.

I'm babbling but we loved this dude, I can say without question Awaken the Guardian would be his top pick for this topic, followed by some Maiden album Seventh Son most likely

Great Tribute man, Awesome!!

It's hard for me to exclude Rush, Agalloch, Moonsorrow and Ulver...

well see this is kind of my problem

I have my old school hard rock stuff which is still somewhat mandatory to me.

Then I have my fusion, old progressive, latin and jazz stuff which is def mandatory

Then I still have a need for the blues

Then theres all of my "newer" material which is primarily 80's and 90's metal, heavy metal and progressive metal

So while I dont have many CD's compared to some the above gives me 9 styles of music I fully enjoy. You know how it is to get listening to music or talking about great songs ? Next thing you know want to put on some other awesome piece. If I had just three they would torture me for my memories of this other music but I wouldnt be able to hear it.

So if I was really faced with such a decision by the Priests of Syrinx.... I would first get guarentee that I was entitled to just one thing musical. Ater getting it in writting.... on pages of their sacred books.... I would just keep the guitar and say goodbye to the rest.

:headbang: