Opening bands

lol maybe they sounded good from the Amon Amarth merch stand? I think I remember them sounding ok but shit if I dont have bad memory and poor memory.

eh, if you like them, more power to ya. Don't let anyone change your mind about liking bands,hehe.

eh, if you like them, more power to ya. Don't let anyone change your mind about liking bands,hehe.

Not that I'm changing my mind or anything, just saying I dont remember them well enough to really defend them lol. For all I know they were just good in comparison to the 2nd act.

I really couldn't tell much of a difference in the 2 bands sound. They both sucked ass and don't deserve to open for AA.

i actually enjoyed sonic syndicate quite a bit. i probably looked like the biggest ss fan at the cleveland show, like i was there to see them specifically, even though i only managed to listen to half a track on their webpage, because i was hopping to their music before they did their syncro-hop deal onstage LOL. i've seen lots of bands get a big kick out of seeing my bald dome popping up out of the crowd on the syncopated beats.

anyway, ss has distorted guitars, a chick on bass, and harmonies... 3 of my favorite things. i guess i'm past that stage in life where i don't have to hate on a guy just because he's prettier than any chick i've ever fucked. besides, pretty boy frontmen bring more chicks and fewer big sweaty guys to the floor ;) just gotta make the best of these situations dudes.

himsa was a funny situation.... i wasn't aware that a third opener had been added to the cleveland show, so i thought the first band was himsa, and when himsa came out i thought it was supposed to be amon amarth. 5'5" vs. 6'5" singer lol. to make matters worse their first song sounded kind of like something off of STT9W, and i was like, "who are these fuckers playing AA tunes?" but yeah, the singer of himsa looked like he hadn't taken a shower or changed clothes in about 2 weeks. i thought it was cool how he reached out and shook some fists and tousled some hair in the front row. he was running around the stage and waving his arms real quick like in those old-timey movies.

i thought they were decent too. definitely more metally.

i actually enjoyed sonic syndicate quite a bit. i probably looked like the biggest ss fan at the cleveland show, like i was there to see them specifically, even though i only managed to listen to half a track on their webpage, because i was hopping to their music before they did their syncro-hop deal onstage LOL. i've seen lots of bands get a big kick out of seeing my bald dome popping up out of the crowd on the syncopated beats.

anyway, ss has distorted guitars, a chick on bass, and harmonies... 3 of my favorite things. i guess i'm past that stage in life where i don't have to hate on a guy just because he's prettier than any chick i've ever fucked. besides, pretty boy frontmen bring more chicks and fewer big sweaty guys to the floor ;) just gotta make the best of these situations dudes.

himsa was a funny situation.... i wasn't aware that a third opener had been added to the cleveland show, so i thought the first band was himsa, and when himsa came out i thought it was supposed to be amon amarth. 5'5" vs. 6'5" singer lol. to make matters worse their first song sounded kind of like something off of STT9W, and i was like, "who are these fuckers playing AA tunes?" but yeah, the singer of himsa looked like he hadn't taken a shower or changed clothes in about 2 weeks. i thought it was cool how he reached out and shook some fists and tousled some hair in the front row. he was running around the stage and waving his arms real quick like in those old-timey movies.

i thought they were decent too. definitely more metally.

lol i thought the opening band was himsa too and was shocked when the third band playing wasn't Amon Amarth

who was the first opening band that played last night in cleveland? never caught their name. they were good. SS sucked because the bass and guitars looked like they didnt want to be there, and the jumping a foot in the air made it look retarded. Himsa was half-decent. but when fucking AA came out and everyone freakin went berzerk.. that was a show. that was a good freakin show.

First real opening band was neocracy, but there were 2 before that as well. Anybody know the name of the people that were playing as soon as the place opened? The one that tried to get a pit going with like maybe 30 people watching?

haha, Sonic Syndicate look gay! what are they? like some emo metalcore local band? I heard that genre was da shit accross the atlantic ^^

edit: damn, i passed 1000 posts! I should have been more carefull and let the world know about my 1000th post

You must have been at the Worchester show. I read about that on the local Seattle forum (it's legendary):
I was there too, in the front row. You could tell they were gonna suck because the guitarist was onstage about 10 minutes before they came on and you could tell by his hair exactly what was coming. Then they did the shitty opening instrumental keyboard thing. Then things got really shitty. It took about thirty seconds for people to start giving them shit. I was surprised they had the balls to stay onstage for the whole set. Olga the bassist looked like she was gonna cry. We kept shouting shit even after they left. They all looked like retarded mallcore kids.
Note: Sonic Syndicate was the one band that didn't do a tribute to Vitek, if I remember correctly. Fuckin' assholes.

We didn't get Himsa, though. Some band called Thy Will Be Done opened. They were actually pretty good. I was gonna get there album, but I didn't see where they were selling it.

Edit: At least for the worcester show, SS had to use Thy Will Be Done's bass drum. The roadies changed the rest of the kit, but they played the whole set with a bass drum saying Thy Will Be Done. Thought that was pretty funny.

SS was too "pop" metal??? for me. The first bank, I don't recall their name needed a lot more practice. The lead singer was way too off for me. Himsa was tight and polished. My BF said the lead singer looked like a homeless man before he took off that flannel shirt. His tats were nice.

I think the venue was over capacity..it was pretty packed.