Opening Salvo

drowssap

Oct 14, 2004
I think I like Advent as my favorite first track. My least? Wreath. I can't put my finger on it, but it seems like the song is a little cheesy to me. I loved the riffs and stuff, but for some reason...

Advent is just an awesome track. It has everything I like and respect about Opeth in it.

Curious to hear other opinions on which opening track is your favorite and why, and what might be your least.

Best Openers:

1. The Moor - Well, it is their best song, so...
2. Prologue/April Ethereal - A very close second
3. The Leper Affinity - The first Opeth song I ever heard
4. Windowpane - Growing on me with time
5. Advent - Excellent, but disorganized
6. In The Mist She Was Standing - Recycled Iron Maiden with growls
7. Wreath - I agree, not my favorite either

:hotjump:

april
advent
moor
windowpane
leper
wreath
mist

right now orchid is probably my *least favorite* opeth album....which means i only like it more than 99.8 percent of what's out there :p

I happen to like Wreath a lot as an opening track. It's got cool lyrics and music, sound effects, only growls... it's a bit experimental if you like, but also dark... I'm of the opinion this track will be better appreciated when played live

Wreath is like the best song in deliverance, it's got all the emotion and composition I can ask for. Best solo on cd too. There's no way it's at the bottom of my list. But as an opener I guess it starts off a bit too furious, but it does show off what the cd is like.

1) Prologue is the best opener. I wish they would've made a 5 min song out of that with just piano and rain in the background.

"Advent" is my favorite song period from Opeth, so of course it is my favorite opener.

I agree with Deliverance that all the openers are excellent. "April.." and "The Leper Affinity" would be my next favorites.

Seth

"I awoke from the miasma
passing swiftly through the moor..."

Miasma is, without a doubt, a very sexy word.