Opeth 2006 US Tour

Spaxx said:
And they should bring Porcupine Tree with them, that would be like the perfect show! But I guess my thoughts are just wishful thinking.... Porcupine Tree are probably burnt out after touring for who knows how many months straight.

Double post, but PT are apparently going to be touring in the summer in support of the DVD that's coming out, but they're probably going to have a rest between whenever their current tour stops, and then anyway,

Another factor making this show so perfectly timed and amazing is the fact IN FLAMES plays one of their first US headlining shows here the night before. I know In Flames have fizzled dramatically over the last few years, but at one time In Flames was alongside Opeth as Sweden's strongest extreme metal acts. And the idea that both of them are now headlining, back to back here in America is simply mind blowing. Here's to what looks to be another wonderful year for the metal community! :)

And apparently there are some promotional post cards in circulation of Devin Townsend's Synchestra stating "Hopes to tour with Opeth in Feb 06!" or something along the lines of it. One can only dream.

There are a bunch of candidates to fill that opener slot in my personal taste...
- Moonspell
- Katatonia
- Amorphis
- Aborted
- Isis

Can't think of more...any of those would be a great opener for the Swede / Uruguayian band...
Oh and one last thing...i would love to see Lopez behind the skins again...\m/

Lammentations said:
There are a bunch of candidates to fill that opener slot in my personal taste...
- Isis

Isis are recording their next album . Fortunately .

Lammentations said:
- Moonspell
- Katatonia
- Amorphis
- Aborted
- Isis

Can't think of more...any of those would be a great opener for the Swede / Uruguayian band...
Oh and one last thing...i would love to see Lopez behind the skins again...\m/

Moonspell already open last year... Katatonia and Amorphis could be awesome if AMORPHIS plays older stuff too

Holy christ, I didn't realize Pittsburgh/Millvale was so far away...I guess no Opeth for me unless there's a Philly or Jersey date

I hope they come to Syracuse like they did on the Blackwater Park tour i really dont feel like driving to rochester or Buffalo again

Definetly not amorphis, I saw them live and they blew real bad.

Best tour line up's gotta be Opeth Evergrey Wintersun in 1 show. Insane

They need to come to the country and bluegrass capital of the world too! (Tennessee)
I had to drive 4 hours last time. I guess it could have been much worse.