US Tour!!

Update... From news that I have heard.. the tour is going to be:
Opeth, Lacuna Coil, Paradise Lost, Tapping the Vein.
Cities for the tour are to include: Boston, NYC, Philly, DC Cleveland, Chicago Denver, Seattle, San Fran, LA, Phoenix, Toronto & Montreal. No dates have been posted as of yet, but be ready for them within the next week or so.

Oh and BTW... I don't think it's likely Opeth are touring the US in January / February cuz they're touring Europe first... and it's likely to be around that time so.... and Lacuna Coil already toured Europe....

What I don't understand is why you all are getting so excited about suppositions... Opeth themselves haven't announced anything, so until that happens I'm not going to believe anything...

Opeth toured the US last year with Nevermore.. They have also played at the Metalfest(s) as well.
And as far as I know, and have read the tour is confirmed, just the dates and cities are being worked out still. So, everything is still in the air for dates and cities so far, those are not 100% confirmed yet. But it is going to be a rather short tour. I dont see any reason why you would think opeth ISNT going to do the tour. Yes, they have said they are going the do limited shows for Deliverance and I would think this would be considered limited if there is only like 15-20 dates. And yes, I agree that since the band hasnt confirmed or denied anything yet that it is possible for it not to happen, but i cant recall the last time I have seen something posted on Centurymedia.com that hasnt become true.

I doubt they play "in" DC. Now, in Springfield VA, at Jaxx, that's a different story.

Tapping the Vein? Gag.

And whoever mentioned the Palladium... every fucking band on the planet plays the Palladium. [mutters]

If they play the DC area, it'd mostly likely be at Jaxx, where they played the previous two times. I just read that Lacunal Coil will be their opening, in a tour that's schedule to run from mid-January to February.

Originally posted by Triste
What I don't understand is why you all are getting so excited about suppositions... Opeth themselves haven't announced anything, so until that happens I'm not going to believe anything...
Lopez (I presume) confirmed in this thread that they would be touring with LC and Paradise Lost. :hotjump:

Cooool...I'm going back home to NYC to see Opeth..This will be cool, as I'll stay at my moms house..Lacuna Coil (who are on the cover of the latest Terrorizer) are confirmed for this tour (it's on Century Media's site) and I'm excited already..I was hoping that Mike and Co. would bring Bloodbath on the road beacuse they are brutal..Hails..-l-

Another little update for you all on the tour...

Dates should be posted within the next 2 weeks.. Also, playing order for most of the shows should be as follows.
Tapping the Vein (opening)
Paradise Lost
Lacuna Coil
Opeth (Headliners)

That should make most people happy to know that Opeth is going to be the headliners and should get a good hour and a half to play.. :) see you all on tour..

That should make most people happy to know that Opeth is going to be the headliners and should get a good hour and a half to play.. :) see you all on tour.. [/B]

That's pretty much the best news I've heard all year :D

I missed Opeth on the last tour because I lived in Vancouver at the time, and they didn't make it out there. But now that I'm in Toronto, they're coming around again and they're headlining... this will be nothing short of a religious experience.

Originally posted by Oyo
I was hoping they'd at least come to Tampa or Atlanta... which are both six hours away, but i'd be glad to make the trip. Looks like i'm fucked :cry:

If they go to either of those places I'll hit em up. If it's atlanta, maybe we can make a road trip of it :D