Opeth and the TV4

thanks, dowloading!

btw, stilgar, u dont happen to be dan swanös secret twin or is that actually you or him on your photo? lol
i wanna listen to some moontower every time i see ure avatar. (which is a good thing!)

Excellent clips. Despite Mike's admitted nervousness in the very beginning of Coil, both songs sounded great.

Nathalie didn't seem nervous in the least little bit. She's a really good singer...I hope that this guest spot on Watershed leads to more recognition in the future...would love to hear more from her.

And I just have to say...Axe is a really lucky man. :)

just watched it, the interview parts were pretty funny somtimes ^^ i also like how the presenters had to say "death metal" every time they talked about opeth, like they were "tasting" the word so to speak :p they also seemed to have some notion of opeth having edited out the death metal parts from these songs as they were saying "a special version" all the time.

thanks, dowloading!

btw, stilgar, u dont happen to be dan swanös secret twin or is that actually you or him on your photo? lol
i wanna listen to some moontower every time i see ure avatar. (which is a good thing!)

That is indeed Dan Swanö holding my son on my avatar. :)

Oh... I'm also uploading the whole thing to YouTube, so that those of you that don't have a fast connection and don't mind watching a low-resolution video can watch it right away. The file has already been uploaded, but YouTube has to process it before I get a link and for some reason it takes quite a while. I'll let you know when it's done.

EDIT: Or not. It says video too long. Oh, well.

Actually I think is completely the other way around.

Wow. Spoken like a true metalhead. So when he writes something COMPLETELY out of the norm of their supposed genre, that means he's running out of ideas? As Opeth has proven, metal can be more than just screamo vocals and power chords, so I'm surprised Coil comes as a shock to you.

Two factions of Opeth fans clashing! The ones who enjoy the music for its beauty and structural/dynamic diversity (myself included, as I am not a fan of metal in general) and those who go to the shows to pump their fists in the air to show how tough they are when the music is heavy (and then when the music gets mellow, sort of sway in rhythmically deaf manner).

LMAO. Flame away.

It's so weird how they mention death metal like 30 times and then they play two soft songs. Ordinary viewers must've gotten confused.
Tv4 is such a bad channel. Their presenters and their shows about ghosts and mediums. TV for white trash idiots.

Wow. Spoken like a true metalhead. So when he writes something COMPLETELY out of the norm of their supposed genre, that means he's running out of ideas? As Opeth has proven, metal can be more than just screamo vocals and power chords, so I'm surprised Coil comes as a shock to you.

Two factions of Opeth fans clashing! The ones who enjoy the music for its beauty and structural/dynamic diversity (myself included, as I am not a fan of metal in general) and those who go to the shows to pump their fists in the air to show how tough they are when the music is heavy (and then when the music gets mellow, sort of sway in rhythmically deaf manner).

LMAO. Flame away.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought the post said that "Mikael is running out of fresh ideas" :lol: I saw your post and the first thing I thought was hmmm he quoted me instead of Peter2903

or the ones who both like opeth and great music in general (including death metal ;))

Works for me in general, but I'm referring to Opeth's music specifically. What's "great" music to me might not be so to you and vice-versa.

BTW, a little disappointed that they cut the beginning of Burden as well as the harmonies leading into the solos (which was also shortened!). Maybe just because it was a TV performance they had to strive for under 4 minutes?

Thanks for the edit, great work!

Format is just a little strange. It's not 16:9... just somewhere between 16:9 and 16:10. Luckily in VLC you can force it to 16:9. So we don't have long faces, so to speak.

:lol: :lol: :lol: I thought the post said that "Mikael is running out of fresh ideas" :lol: I saw your post and the first thing I thought was hmmm he quoted me instead of Peter2903

No I commented on you disagreeing with Peter2903 saying that this proves Mikael never runs outta fresh ideas, thereby saying that Coil proves he has indeed run out of fresh ideas....right? That is what you meant unless I didn't understand you correctly.

EDIT: I got you now lol. You thought Peter2903 was saying that Mikael has run out of ideas. Wow. I guess my disliking for the general metalhead population jumped out a little prematurely. My bad.

BTW, a little disappointed that they cut the beginning of Burden as well as the harmonies leading into the solos (which was also shortened!). Maybe just because it was a TV performance they had to strive for under 4 minutes?

It was explained in the other thread by Micke :heh:

I thought Peter2903 was saying that Mikael was out of fresh ideas, that's why I said "it's the other way around" and when I saw your post I saw Peter's post again and realized he said that he never runs out of ideas.