Opeth and the TV4

just watched it, the interview parts were pretty funny somtimes ^^ i also like how the presenters had to say "death metal" every time they talked about opeth, like they were "tasting" the word so to speak :p they also seemed to have some notion of opeth having edited out the death metal parts from these songs as they were saying "a special version" all the time.

They obviously wouldn't be able to tell Marilyn Manson apart from Autopsy, they should've borrowed that rocker weather man from SVT to do the interview.

It's so weird how they mention death metal like 30 times and then they play two soft songs. Ordinary viewers must've gotten confused.
Tv4 is such a bad channel. Their presenters and their shows about ghosts and mediums. TV for white trash idiots.

1. They have white trash in Europe? I thought that was an American thing.
2. Your Tv4 is like Headbanger's Ball compared to our unwatchable morning shows (Goodmorning America, Today, Regis) If ours were to ever feature Opeth, I will walk the earth nude for the rest of my days.
3. Nathalie is hot.

2. Your Tv4 is like Headbanger's Ball compared to our unwatchable morning shows (Goodmorning America, Today, Regis) If ours were to ever feature Opeth, I will walk the earth nude for the rest of my days.

You overestimate Europe dude, Opeth is the only metal band i know of that's ever played on a morning show, and when they've done so they've not been allowed to play their actual metal songs, all good songs of course but i think they should be allowed to play at least one song which represents their whole sound. And Europe isn't like 18th century Paris like many North Americans seem to believe, we have plenty of rednecks :)

*edit* Just now watched the whole interview though, i admit it's pretty fucking cool that Bathory gets mentioned on national tv, almost a bit surreal.

Swedish white trash character portrayed on a comedy show.
1088294.jpg

Thanks for the edit, great work!

Format is just a little strange. It's not 16:9... just somewhere between 16:9 and 16:10. Luckily in VLC you can force it to 16:9. So we don't have long faces, so to speak.

Ok. The converter software worked in two stages, one crop and the next resize. I set it for keeping the aspect ratio on the second step. However for some stupid reason it automatically fiddled with the aspect ratio during the first step as well.

This new version should be 16:9 though.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=7UQKFI3C

I've been lurking here actually, but I'd love to say thanks to you guys (especially Stilgar!!) this time, so I'll do my first post. :)
Really looking forward to the subtitles as well! :D

I agree, thats a pretty cool thing to do.
and im pretty sure it would have been time consuming.

Much appreciation stilgar.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;8034214 said:
Don't jump to the conclusion that we wanted to edit the song ourselves. We had 3 minutes and 30 seconds for the 2nd song, and that was it. We were lucky we could play for as long as we could. They timed it during rehearsals and I think it was just short of 4 minutes then which was very much on the verge of being too long...yet I guess they let it slide since it was the final thing for the morning show anyways. These shows have super strict curfews so there's little, or nothing really you can do about things like that- If we play the song in our own shows, obviously it will be the full or perhaps even extended version.

Cheers again
Mike
Play Burden in Chile plz ;D

What's that? Next album is a concept about Storsjöodjuret?

Edit: Righto, I just finished watching it. It's great how they can't stress enough that Opeth are 'death metal', and then they play a song like 'Coil'. That musta confused 'em. Even 'Burden' isn't nearly death metal.

And then they try to organise of spectrum of catergorised metal, and find it hard to believe there's anything heavier or darker than Opeth.

All in all though, I enjoyed it. Gave my Swedish a workout.

Tack för det, Stilgar!