Opeth and the TV4

Don't jump to the conclusion that we wanted to edit the song ourselves. We had 3 minutes and 30 seconds for the 2nd song, and that was it. We were lucky we could play for as long as we could. They timed it during rehearsals and I think it was just short of 4 minutes then which was very much on the verge of being too long...yet I guess they let it slide since it was the final thing for the morning show anyways. These shows have super strict curfews so there's little, or nothing really you can do about things like that- If we play the song in our own shows, obviously it will be the full or perhaps even extended version.

Cheers again
Mike

Mikael Åkerfeldt;8034214 said:
Don't jump to the conclusion that we wanted to edit the song ourselves. We had 3 minutes and 30 seconds for the 2nd song, and that was it. We were lucky we could play for as long as we could. They timed it during rehearsals and I think it was just short of 4 minutes then which was very much on the verge of being too long...yet I guess they let it slide since it was the final thing for the morning show anyways. These shows have super strict curfews so there's little, or nothing really you can do about things like that- If we play the song in our own shows, obviously it will be the full or perhaps even extended version.

Cheers again
Mike

You have to play this song in Tunisia !!!

Cheers again
Mike

Well Mike, it's the fact that ya'll were able to play there in general is what's awesome; even if ya'll have a very short amount of time. :)

Cheers again
Mike

Yeah. I figured as much. Well done for the strict time limitations. :)

I've cut-and-pasted a little video with all the Opeth related stuff from this morning (18:34 total). After cutting it down and converting it to xvid, the resulting file was 277MB (quite an improvement from the original 10GB). I'm uploading it now and will let you guys and gals know when it's done.

Mikael Åkerfeldt;8034147 said:
Not too bad for being the first time we play those songs "for real". My vox a bit rough in the beginning of Coil I think, got better though. Yeah, I was shitting myself.
Still I'm quite happy actually...not complete shit.

Cheers
Mike
I liked it! It's not an enviroment for rock I guess but it worked.
Tell us about the presenters. Were they lame?

I've cut-and-pasted a little video with all the Opeth related stuff from this morning (18:34 total). After cutting it down and converting it to xvid, the resulting file was 277MB (quite an improvement from the original 10GB). I'm uploading it now and will let you guys and gals know when it's done.

Sweet!

great, thanks alot for putting down work on it!

:headbang::headbang:

Mikael Åkerfeldt;8034147 said:
Not too bad for being the first time we play those songs "for real". My vox a bit rough in the beginning of Coil I think, got better though. Yeah, I was shitting myself.
Still I'm quite happy actually...not complete shit.

Cheers
Mike

must've been pretty hard (especially vocal wise) playing that early, i know i perform a lot better during the evening anyway :p
nice to see that they actually took time to interview you this time, because they didn't last time, did they?

anyways, good performance; not the best, but i know you can do loads better! :)

wasnt too bad, burden was kind of weird though but yeah, I didn't have any doubts that you had to shorten it due to timelimit. I think this was the first time ever I actually watched nyhetsmorgon by the way haha.

If I'm not wrong, coil was slightly, slightly speeded up in the beginning?

Ok. Here's a video with all the Opeth related stuff from this morning.

http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=9YELQGOY

It's an xvid encoded avi file. If you can't play it, either install the right codecs (different for each OS), or just download vlc from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/.

Oh... It's 277MB big, so it might take some time to download if you have a slow connection.

We'll see if I have the time to do any subtitles. Don't hold your breath though. ;)

Ok. Here's a video with all the Opeth related stuff from this morning.

http://www.megaupload.com/se/?d=9YELQGOY

It's an xvid encoded avi file. If you can't play it, either install the right codecs (different for each OS), or just download vlc from http://www.videolan.org/vlc/.

Oh... It's 277MB big, so it might take some time to download if you have a slow connection.

We'll see if I have the time to do any subtitles. Don't hold your breath though. ;)

THANKS!!! :kickass::Smokin:o_O