Opeth "Australien" Tour

don't have a credit card huh moonlapse? I don't think they've sold out yet, but don't dawdle, I wanna see as many UM'ers as possible at these gigs and I'd hate to see your ticket go to someone else less deserving. oh, and does anyone know if there will be two support acts like there was in the previous tour, or do you think both bands will play extended setlists? I think that would be cool!

It appears you cant even get one till the 9th of FEB (my birthday conveniently enough), since their call booking office is closed over the weekend and then according to the site, the tickets only go on sale on Monday anyway. :s. PLEASE correct me if im wrong, because I WANT THE FUCKING TICKETS ASAPPP!!! :lol:

Im gonna be heading to the brissy show, if i knew where to get tix :S i jsut moved here from melbourne, so some helpd be appreciated...

And for the people who are saying they dont want to see a damnation show, i saw it in San Francisco last year and was totally blown away, To Bid You Farewell bought everyone almost to tears, so have no fear its EXCELLENT. easily as good as the D1 show :p

Moonlapse said:
It appears you cant even get one till the 9th of FEB (my birthday conveniently enough), since their call booking office is closed over the weekend and then according to the site, the tickets only go on sale on Monday anyway. :s. PLEASE correct me if im wrong, because I WANT THE FUCKING TICKETS ASAPPP!!! :lol:
naw, it's ok! by dumb luck I stumbled on the website a few days before the tickets were supposed to go officially on sale, but they still had a listing for the gig up at that point, so I gave it a shot anyway. couldn't get that to work, so I called the corner the next day and the guy said I was basically one of the first to order tickets and that they'd started selling them today. lucky I got a hold of them on friday when they left me a phone message however, as it turned out they'd gotten down my credit card details wrong and they wouldn't have issued the tickets before the weekend otherwise. look at it this way though, if they aren't selling tickets to other people except the ones who are turning up at the door, it's not like the tickets are going anywhere. nag your parents on your birthday to get the tickets for you. ;) see you there!

Moonlapse said:
Yeah, I hope so man. You'll know me as the guy that's screaming for 'In Mist She Was Standing' (yeah never mind the mellow set, they'll prolly do demon for us anyway).
man? :err: is that like 'dude' or something? or are you just really mellow, maaaan? cos last I checked, I'm not a guy! :p just so you know I'll prolly be the one front row centre moshing along at the end of to bid you farewell and face of melinda and stuff like that. I wonder what's to do during the rest of the set though? *Shrugs* I did just have an idea though. demon of the fall would be cool and all as an encore, but what if they played something like patterns in the ivy II or still day beneath the sun as a special encore performance too? would round out the damantion tour nicely, and I've always liked those two songs better than damnation really. who else thinks that would rock?

PoS said:
but what if they played something like patterns in the ivy II or still day beneath the sun as a special encore performance too? would round out the damantion tour nicely, and I've always liked those two songs better than damnation really. who else thinks that would rock?
That would be pretty awesome.. I'd still like to hear some stuff from Stoill Life though, like Serenity Painted Death as an encore..

But yeah I have to agree that Patterns in the Ivy II and still day beneath the sun would be great as an encore performance...

I don't really mind though.. Opeth is Opeth :p

Crabby said:
I reckon there's a good chance they'll do another Utopia in-store,dude.

that would be good, but i dont get the chance to get down to Sydney much because of my age & school. do you reckon they'll do a bit of signing & meeting the fans after the concert though?

jaykeegan said:
that would be good, but i dont get the chance to get down to Sydney much because of my age & school. do you reckon they'll do a bit of signing & meeting the fans after the concert though?
I seriously doubt it dude, they're doing practically a one gig a day tour, and their shows finish at midnight or so...

If they did do any signing and stuff after the show, I don't think many people would get their stuff signed..

FrostbittenGrimness said:
I seriously doubt it dude, they're doing practically a one gig a day tour, and their shows finish at midnight or so...

If they did do any signing and stuff after the show, I don't think many people would get their stuff signed..

i've got to at least try.