Opeth, best band ever?

Oct 27, 2002
Australia
I think opeth are the best band ever, they are pretty much all I listen to. To me they are gods. They haven't made a crap song or album yet. I can't wait till they come tour in Australia. /me waits for Damnation :)

I can't wait for Deliverance and I sure as hell can't wait for Damnation! As for Opeth being the best band in the world, I think not, but I absolutely love Opeth!

@Dreamlord:

We are on the Opeth forum right? So whats the big deal if members here talk about'em to a high degree? isn't that the whole point? I wouldn't praise Opeth somewhere else but I don't see anything wrong with doing it here.

Personaly I see nothing wrong with it, its all done here on the Opeth forums so who gives a fuck, if it bothers you so damn much then don't browse these forums, its as simple as that. For those people that are open about there sentiments regarding Opeth then good for them, the band deserves it anyways. I know of no other metal band that has captured the magic that Opeth currently have, and that makes me proud that there not like the majority of these stupid metal bands that are out right now. I seriously don' t blame members here on the Opeth forum for liking them to such a high extent.

Damn if it weren't for Opeth I probably wouldn't even give a fuck about metal and would be more focused in prog-rock, reggae, latin rock, general latin music, jazz, tropical, bass guitar oriented music/fusion, and various others.

If anything I believe most Opeth fans are beginning to realise that most metal sucks and theres more to music than just metal. And they have Opeth to thank for that.

One more thing: IF other bands don't get a lot of praise on there own forums its probably because there not as "special" to qualify for such a high degree of praise like Opeth do here on there forums, I guess that would explain that.

So for those of you that contradict Opeth all the time fucking get over it and see it from a different perpective.

Originally posted by pac1288
@Dreamlord:

We are on the Opeth forum right? So whats the big deal if members here talk about'em to a high degree? isn't that the whole point? I wouldn't praise Opeth somewhere else but I don't see anything wrong with doing it here.

Personaly I see nothing wrong with it, its all done here on the Opeth forums so who gives a fuck, if it bothers you so damn much then don't browse these forums, its as simple as that. For those people that are open about there sentiments regarding Opeth then good for them, the band deserves it anyways. I know of no other metal band that has captured the magic that Opeth currently have, and that makes me proud that there not like the majority of these stupid metal bands that are out right now. I seriously don' t blame members here on the Opeth forum for liking them to such a high extent.

Damn if it weren't for Opeth I probably wouldn't even give a fuck about metal and would be more focused in prog-rock, reggae, latin rock, general latin music, jazz, tropical, bass guitar oriented music/fusion, and various others.

If anything I believe most Opeth fans are beginning to realise that most metal sucks and theres more to music than just metal. And they have Opeth to thank for that.

One more thing: IF other bands don't get a lot of praise on there own forums its probably because there not as "special" to qualify for such a high degree of praise like Opeth do here on there forums, I guess that would explain that.

So for those of you that contradict Opeth all the time fucking get over it and see it from a different perpective.

:err: :zzz:

Originally posted by Dreamlord
right...like I need to justify myself to a fanboy who would suck Mikael's cock if asked to. :rolleyes:

Why must you make yourself look stupid? Just because Opeth is his favourite band there's no need to get shirty. Lighten up.

As for the topic, Opeth is my favourite band yes. I don't think there's such thing as a 'best band ever' though.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Somebody's pissed:lol:

Arn't you going to support your little views. You choose the easy way out eh. well thats typical for a little whiner like yourself, anybody could say what you just said, it is what I expected from a little idiot like your self, come on defend yourself don't go out the easy way like you just did, be I man thats what you are right?

:lol:

:cool: