Opeth Coming to Australia?

Im pretty sure he was just jokin, besides it gets cold here. And there is no where grimmer then a place with lots of kangeroos to go to school with.

Nuk3m said:
Im pretty sure he was just jokin, besides it gets cold here. And there is no where grimmer then a place with lots of kangeroos to go to school with.

Yeah.. All those kangaroos running/jumping up the streets...

Someone needs to get rid of those damn koalas from the Sydney harbour bridge, they keep shitting on my car!!

Well it's a five hour drive (I mean hop), from my place to Sydney, but I'll definitely be at Sydney when they come, if not Melbourne.
I met a couple of folks out the front of Bodom in Sydney the other night who travelled down from fucking Brisbane for the show! That's like 11 hours.

black_tooth_grin said:
There is a rumor going around they might come at the end of the year, after they tour Europe.

:cool:

kool, I hope they do. And if they do, I hope they're not too tired from touring the rest of the world..

black_tooth_grin said:
There is a rumor going around they might come at the end of the year, after they tour Europe.

I thought they were touring the States after Europe?

Anyway, I have it on pretty good authority that Opeth will be back downunder...

..or you could just be like me and go to see them in Stockholm. :headbang:

Jaxe said:
I thought they were touring the States after Europe?

Anyway, I have it on pretty good authority that Opeth will be back downunder...

..or you could just be like me and go to see them in Stockholm. :headbang:

Wow dude, thats fair way to travel to see them..

As i say in every thread about this subject, Im saving to cross the Tasman to see them again.

last Opeth tour i combined the shows with a holiday...so I travelled from Darwin and caught them once in Brisbane and twice in Melbounre...was great, saw every song performed on tour (including Forest of October and To Bid You Farewell!)....

first time they toured me and some mates also flew from darwin to Brisbane to catch them...was amazing (Advent!!)

Now I am living in Canberra, so should be a bit easier to travel to see them this time :)

Cheers

Paul D.

Holy shit, lets hope they play at Melbourne again twice. I have never seen them live before. I used to live in Brisbane and wasn't a fan in 2003 when they came.

But now I live in Hobart (probably one of the most "frost-bitten" places in Oz). So I will be flying to Melbourne to see them. Curbstone, if ya r going to Melbourne concert next yr (provided they play that is) we should hook up and make a night of it!!!

Cheers.

Twice? They played three times. Last one underage, which I went to because I was 17 at the time, heh. 'twas very nice, though. The crowd wasn't too crazy so I was able to stand there, headbang a bit, but ultimately just bliss out to the music!

It'll be very good if they come near the end of the year, as I'll be on holidays and all, woo. Life has been pretty boring and crappy, and seeing them perform again will make things oh so much happier.

Anarkissed said:
Twice? They played three times. Last one underage, which I went to because I was 17 at the time, heh. 'twas very nice, though. The crowd wasn't too crazy so I was able to stand there, headbang a bit, but ultimately just bliss out to the music!

It'll be very good if they come near the end of the year, as I'll be on holidays and all, woo. Life has been pretty boring and crappy, and seeing them perform again will make things oh so much happier.

yes, they played 3 times. and yes, the sunday was an underage matinee show. and yes, i was 16 at the time, so i went to that show. but, that was the only one i was asked for id for; i went to the two overage shows on the friday and saturday nights aswell.. and then i met the bastards.. photos.. autographs.. so yeh i saw the whole tour set, i'd say. including pretty much alll of damnation, the moor, face of melinda, to bid you farewell..

but unless theyre here before feb, i wont see them on their next aus tour.. but hey.. i may be like that guy up there and see them in stockholm! seein as i'm spending 3 months in sweden next year, followed by 3 months travelling..

indeed.

Leper_Affinity said:
Holy shit, lets hope they play at Melbourne again twice. I have never seen them live before. I used to live in Brisbane and wasn't a fan in 2003 when they came.

But now I live in Hobart (probably one of the most "frost-bitten" places in Oz). So I will be flying to Melbourne to see them. Curbstone, if ya r going to Melbourne concert next yr (provided they play that is) we should hook up and make a night of it!!!

Cheers.

fuck yeh i live in hobart to and wasnt a big enough fan when they came last to go over to the mainland but there is no way i'll miss it again so cya there.