Opeth Coming to Australia?

curbstone said:
last Opeth tour i combined the shows with a holiday...so I travelled from Darwin and caught them once in Brisbane and twice in Melbounre...was great, saw every song performed on tour (including Forest of October and To Bid You Farewell!)....

first time they toured me and some mates also flew from darwin to Brisbane to catch them...was amazing (Advent!!)

Now I am living in Canberra, so should be a bit easier to travel to see them this time :)

Cheers

Paul D.

Fuck, you're living in Canberra now? Everyone's getting the fuck out of Darwin it seems. Probably not a bad idea... except that after a while there'll be no more metalheads left to buy Northern Shadows :(

Décadent said:
Fuck, you're living in Canberra now? Everyone's getting the fuck out of Darwin it seems. Probably not a bad idea... except that after a while there'll be no more metalheads left to buy Northern Shadows :(

yeah man, left about 2 months ago...got a job down here....Mick leaves soon, and Liam too...you're right man...no one left :)

Cheers

Paul D.

In case some of you guys who went to the Melbourne Corner Hotel shows didn't see any pics yet (or wish to see them again)...
http://photobucket.com/albums/v495/one_schism/Opeth/

these are the photos i took...my best live-band work so far i'd say!

I've seen em 3 times now..once on their first tour in '03 (when they played a fair judgement) and then twice on the last tour..26 & 27 March at the Corner...two consecutive nights where i went insane to DELIVERANCE. muahaha

the pics are from the 2nd night when i had a much better spot up at the barrier in front of Mikael and peter..also i was equipped with my trusty SLR that night..the first night i went to just enjoy the show and not care so much about pics...

i so fuckin hope they play at the CORNER again...its like the best live venue in melb (apart from the Espy possibly...)..if not corner, then hi-fi bar i say! i think given their last 2 tours...they'll probably head back to aus around march-april again..i think they like that time of the year when the weather starts to get cold

hay evry one :cool:

who here is in Adelaide ?

did eny one got to the last show
i did it was fucking amasing and the first one befor was amasing aswell

iv found my self in a bit of a pikle, yopu see all my metal head mates have been "converted" to the news tyleish trends of hip hop and mecno:eek:

so i have no metalhead mates eny more im all alone :confused:

wondering if there was a good way too meet more ppl out there with a love for Death metal and well all types of metal really i got mates in brissy and melb but none here so its lame when i drive my car with "mates" in it cos they tell me to turn it off and then they put there shit in :yell: i got so pissed off i took my mates cd out and ditched it so from then on its only metal in my car :devil: so no one in my car eny more oh well

cant wait for the next tour \m/

also whos going to see Nile ?

Great pictures deep_schismic

The Hi-Fi Bar would be great! Elevated stage and all. You people are all so tall usually I can hardly see. ;)