Opeth - "Death metal sound is over"

As predicted, every thread pertaining to Heritage on metal websites lack the smallest bit of objective dissection, and what little there is is drowned out by a mixture of roars, ignorant claims of Prog knowledge, nonsensical screams of 'sell outs' and lavishing fan boys mixed together.

Went to the opening night of the Heritage U.S. tour.

Here was the setlist, for anyone who's curious -

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Face of Melinda
Porcelain Heart
Nepenthe
Throat of Winter (Acoustic)
Credence (Acoustic)
Patterns in the Ivy II (Acoustic)
Slither
A Fair Judgement
Hex Omega
Encore: Folklore

The band sounded great but it wasn't the easiest show I've attended. (The metal crowd was most certainly disappoint.) That said, I'm almost happier they went the route that they did - not hearing The Grand Conjuration, or Mike's weak death vocals for that matter, was almost like a proper nail in the coffin. At least for now.

Went to the opening night of the Heritage U.S. tour.

Here was the setlist, for anyone who's curious -

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Face of Melinda
Porcelain Heart
Nepenthe
Throat of Winter (Acoustic)
Credence (Acoustic)
Patterns in the Ivy II (Acoustic)
Slither
A Fair Judgement
Hex Omega
Encore: Folklore

The band sounded great but it wasn't the easiest show I've attended. (The metal crowd was most certainly disappoint.) That said, I'm almost happier they went the route that they did - not hearing The Grand Conjuration, or Mike's weak death vocals for that matter, was almost like a proper nail in the coffin. At least for now.

Holy shit :erk:
This setlist is going to piss off a lot of old fans.

as I said it weeks ago, the band will have to make one helluva big change to their setlist to fit this album so it doesn't surprise me really... it sucks to see they did such thing anyways but as winters said, with mike's growls sounding that bad, I'm almost grateful, rip lolpeth :lol: