Opeth - "Death metal sound is over"

I'm pretty sure I'll love Opeth no mater what they do. Damnation was may favorite album by far, but I love the variety that is put into their music. Mikael has amazing growls and clean vocals. Hell, he could just read a biology text book into a microphone and I'd be happy.

I love Damnation too, but this album is nothing close to Damnation.
In this case.. If a person hasn't heard Heritage he/she shouldn't really defend it going by Opeth's back catalogue, not that I'm saying you are but... I can see lots of people doing that on facebook, they are clueless.
MANY fans will be totally shocked by how different this album is.

Heritage ranks, right now, for me at the bottom of Opeth's discography alongside Watershed. Which still means it's very naaaaaaaaaeice, like Borat would say. Given the less accessible songwriting and arrangements, Heritage has already proven to be a grower. We'll see what it feels like in 6 months, a year or 6 years.

matias, do you seriously like heritage better than blackwater park for example? :p

I was never a fan of Opeth I just find their new album more "interesting" (not meaning is THAT good cause is just a "so-so" attempt of playing good'ol 70's german/french prog-rock) than anything I have heard from them, the first two songs on blackwaterc0ock are really good ones thou...

+1

Everytime when somebody compares Damnation and Heritage a kid dies and Adam Stryker writes a long post. :(

:lol: