Opeth - "Death metal sound is over"

The bad growl was due to the in ear monitors according to mike so it shouldnt be that hard to get back in shape there, of c it could be complete bullshit.

he said that and someone posted it here, then a couple of videos where posted from gigs after those comments and his voice sounded like in the fathomless mastery more than resurrection through carnage, so I don't buy it really. It sucks cause he had such a great growl, at least it's clear now THE death metal growl belongs to robban karlsson :)

Congrats on Porcelain Heart :lol:
Ugh, right? I got to escape The Grand Conjuration but not its uglier cousin.

Holy shit :erk:
This setlist is going to piss off a lot of old fans.
I didn't speak to anyone but, based on the conversations I overheard after, you'd be surprised - Opeth fans are starting to get worse than Tool fans. (The constant "They can do no wrong" territory.)

That said, the people moshing were trying to quite hard find an excuse to move - the end of A Fair Judgement, whenever a distorted guitar popped up in Porcelain Heart, Slither, and The Devil's Orchard probably spurred the most activity.

The bad growl was due to the in ear monitors according to mike so it shouldnt be that hard to get back in shape there, of c it could be complete bullshit.
I wish but BastardSonOfGod is right - check out any of the live videos that came out this year. His higher screams have improved slightly since the 20th anniversary/Bloodbath shows, but that's it. His lower registry vocals are basically non-existent. Very sad.

The new album is shit, new setlists are shit i gonna kill Mike and become a new leader. Just need to learn how to growl and play guitar, BUT FUCK IT.

Im the beast.

"It is evident that Åkerfeldt has chosen to take his band on the road towards prog nirvana, and I applaud his decision. A band should never stay still, but move always forward – especially a prog band. That’s what progressive means. "

Bullshit.
Next opeth album will be dubstep, its so progressive and hipster!

The Devil's Orchard
I Feel the Dark
Face of Melinda
Porcelain Heart
Nepenthe
Throat of Winter (Acoustic)
Credence (Acoustic)
Patterns in the Ivy II (Acoustic)
Slither
A Fair Judgement
Hex Omega
Encore: Folklore

Wow. That is a horrible setlist. :(

It's not that I hate every soft song but this is kinda ridiculous.

They hit the pinnacle of what they were doing with the Death Metal sound years ago. Since then, the sound as a whole had become extremely common place in metal... I'm glad they went this route. Period.

Still doesnt make the album good.

Technically speaking, the album is good.

Now if you want to use subjective terrain, then you can say it isn't good. It doesn't really matter.

If you don't like it, you don't like it. To try and make it anything more than that (I'm not saying you in particular are) is to set off on a pointless endeavor.