Opeth DVD US release - WOW!

e69

New Metal Member
Feb 20, 2004
:headbang: Just finished through most of the DVD, what can I say....it's frikkin excellent. Thanks Opeth for an outstanding job! I was especially happy with the set being in 16:9 and having great picture and sound quality. Having been at 5 Opeth shows during the past 18 months, I really felt this DVD to be a great effort and I especially enjoyed the slow set which was as special on the recording as it was live at the House of Blues in LA.

TheLordofGuitars said:
DAMNIT! Went to best buy today and they were sold out.....grr
hell no

Great..that means its probably sold out over here too..ehh

Is it true that there are no songs from the first 4 albums?? No Demon of the Fall?
I think they should have included some songs from every album, on both sets. Would have been a great occasion to play Harvest or To Bid You Farewell live...

charnee said:
Woo!..its out, I need to go get it. They'd sell the dvd at Best buy right?
I got it today at Best Buy and it was only $11. Was surprised it was so cheap. I got the last one they had. I don't know if it was the only one or if they actually sold a couple, but supply is limited so I wouldn't wait.

Evil Ernie said:
Is it true that there are no songs from the first 4 albums?? No Demon of the Fall?
I think they should have included some songs from every album, on both sets. Would have been a great occasion to play Harvest or To Bid You Farewell live...
Koch wouldn't pay the royalties for the older songs so Opeth were limited to songs from the last three albums. It sucks, but it's better than nothing.

Evil Ernie said:
Would have been a great occasion to play Harvest or To Bid You Farewell live...

Actually, Harvest does make an appearance in between um... Ending Credits and Weakness? I believe?

There's a crowd sing-along though... :yell:

Lame.