Opeth / Enslaved: Which is your favourite?

Opeth / Enslaved: Which is your favourite?

• Opeth

Votes: 68 79.1%
  • Enslaved

Votes: 18 20.9%

• Total voters
opeth. enslaved is probably in my top 5 favorite bands, but opeth is #1.

I think what Enslaved are doing now is far more interesting than what Opeth has done more recently. I think Opeth's earlier material is better than Enslaved's earlier material.. But the last 4 Enslaved albums are only equalled by MAYH and Still Life for me.

If i had to choose which album i would listen to between MAYH and Monumension.. It'd be a tough choice, that could sway either way depending on which i had listened to the most/last and my general mood.. But yeh, right now i'd listen to Monumension.

Good poll IMO, Opeth will probably win (this being the Opeth forum and all) but it's not an easy choice.

As for me, I've been listening to Enslaved more lately, but Opeth still wins out. I've always preferred death metal to black metal, and even though both are pretty far from their root genres, I just get more into Mike's vox

I went with Opeth only becuase I've heard all of their cds and liked them, but I still find Enslaved very interesting.:err:

Opeth

I agree that Enslaved's last 2 records are better than D1/D2 and GR, but in general I prefer Opeth because they're more melodic, have better solos and vocals