Opeth footage coming soon, link inside

Opethian666 said:
Downpicking is something I nailed from the beginning, as well as alternate picking. I'm not very good at picking up though, I always tend to hit the string while going back downwards when I try to only pick up (probably something to do with the weird way I hold my pick), so I just stick to fast alternate picking or down picking, nothing really you can't do if you stick to those 2 techniques for rhythm.

u know its liek everyone else says....the magic word is PRACTISE....ive been really lazy when it comes to practising adn learning guitar...!!!!.........i shoudl stick to it more..i rarely practise guitar.......i think my next goal is speed adn PINCH HARMONICS...!!!!.........thanx for teh tips...id def. keep'em in mind..!!!>........PEAC EOUT

I cannot wait for ORION. I heard it once live - a medley with The Call of Ktulu and it was absolutely amazing.

BTW - from earlier discussion of Lars - can he do the drumming on Damage Inc.??

that eVVILLEEEE solo for the thingy was not bad......!!!!....man I need a whammy on my guitar too....hahahaha..........PEAC EOUT

sigh... Kirk...

and QFT about Opeth... even though they supposedly aren't airing til tomorrow

LMFAO wtf is James doing?!

this is turning out better than i expected. haven't heard any shit songs so far and won't do so for the next 5 either

u guys think Mikey is watchign this too.......???.........hahaha........maybe if he is...he shoudl comment too....will be cool to see waht he thinks of teh band that pretty much created opeth.......PEAC EOUT

u know its liek everyone else says....the magic word is PRACTISE....ive been really lazy when it comes to practising adn learning guitar...!!!!.........i shoudl stick to it more..i rarely practise guitar.......i think my next goal is speed adn PINCH HARMONICS...!!!!.........thanx for teh tips...id def. keep'em in mind..!!!>........PEAC EOUT

Yeah practise definitely helps. I often have experienced that something that I kept fucking up on and thought I would never learn, suddenly worked after keeping at it. Learning guitar is not a gradual process, it works with magical learning moments if you keep trying. But you know technique doesn't matter that much anyway if you're a good composer. Some of the best music isn't technically hard but just incredibly well composed. But it's always fun if you have a broader technical pallette to paint the music with :) .

Opethian666 said:
Yeah practise definitely helps. I often have experienced that something that I kept fucking up on and thought I would never learn, suddenly worked after keeping at it. Learning guitar is not a gradual process, it works with magical learning moments if you keep trying. But you know technique doesn't matter that much anyway if you're a good composer. Some of the best music isn't technically hard but just incredibly well composed. But it's always fun if you have a broader technical pallette to paint the music with :) .

true .......im a big fan of katatonia...and soem anathema and theyre all jsut simple musicians.......PEAC EOUT

derbeder said:
?

oh kirk don't do it

Mike said that after playin a riff from TO LIVE IS TO DIE...his words were;;;......"TO LIVE IS TO DIE......METALLICA......THIS RIFF .....IF IT WASNT FOR THIS RIFF THERE WOULD BE NO OPETH...!!!.......BEAUTIFULL........!!!.....".........PEAC EOUT

actually blakkheim is pretty good at the guitar. he plays all sorts of different stuff in katatonia, diabolical masquerade and bloodbath

derbeder said:
actually blakkheim is pretty good at the guitar. he plays all sorts of different stuff in katatonia, diabolical masquerade and bloodbath

yeah but its simple songs liek OMERTA, MY TWIN ....that i fell for...hahahaha........!!!!......PEAC EOUT

waz416c said:
Mike said that after playin a riff from TO LIVE IS TO DIE...his words were;;;......"TO LIVE IS TO DIE......METALLICA......THIS RIFF .....IF IT WASNT FOR THIS RIFF THERE WOULD BE NO OPETH...!!!.......BEAUTIFULL........!!!.....".........PEAC EOUT

didnt't know that.

welcome home is going pretty well eh.
now kirk solo... not so bad

I would give my left nut for Opeth to do this - play 4 or 5 songs and then play Still Life from start to finish.

I'll give them my right nut and someone else can give em his sack. Then Opeth has a full extra pair of testicles. :loco: