Opeth for GIGANTOUR!!!

Dream Theater and Nevermore... bleh :yuk:
Megadeth, ok, but they doesnt fit with Opeth imo.

Opeth with Novembers Doom and Saturnus as warmup would be awesome though. :kickass:

I hate Gigantour, and I think Dave Mustaine is a complete moron.
And no, Opeth wouldn't fit in there.

Shawn Drover (the drummer of Megadeth) said:
We inquired about getting Opeth for Gigantour, but they have allready commited to another tour, thus are not available this year. Yes, Dave is certainly aware of who Opeth are, and BTW, check the credit's on Opeth's "Blackwater Park" - see any familiar name's???
That would have been AWESOME!!! :headbang:

Punk Vic said:
Okay... because they fit more with Korn!?

they aren't touring with korn...just one show, but i think it would be cooler to see them on this tour than the sounds of the underground, even though i don't really like megadeth.

What the....so has this now been confirmed or is it just a bullshit thread like every other?

Oh wait......figured.

I think Opeth would fit nicely in Gigantour. They have a sound that no other band can match and with most of the talent at Gigantour, Opeth would be a perfect match. SotU is too weird for Opeth to be a part of. But final decisions have been made and Opeth cannot be a part of Gigantour anymore.

I'll be heading to Gigantour over SotU anyway since SotU is two days before Gigantour in Los Angeles.

Opeth toured with nevermore before so it would be nice to see them back. Mikael seems to like Loomis' guitar work.

Mike Portnoy suggested Opeth to Dave Mustaine to get them on Gigantour, but I guess Opeth's booking agents knocked it back 'cause they were already doing a package tour in Sounds of the Underground.

Shame, they probably would've got the slot too - Two of MP's other suggestions, Symphony X and Dillinger Escape Plan are on the tour, and Pain of Salvation, MP's other choice, probably would've done it if Daniel Gildenlow didn't fear getting anally probed by FBI agents or something.

Neil-o-Mac said:
...and Pain of Salvation, MP's other choice, probably would've done it if Daniel Gildenlow didn't fear getting anally probed by FBI agents or something.

Oh come on, man...that's a little ridiculous, don't you think? We all know Daniel Gildenlow doesn't fear getting anally probed by anyone. He's all for it.

Nevermore? I thought it was Fear Factory.

I wish Opeth was on this tour, that would awesome and I wouldn't have to waste my money on a tour with a million shitty bands and only one Opeth :(