Opeth have asked you to design the Damnation Cover*

Originally posted by redblueyes
I especially like the one in the beginning with the tunnel-like white-door appearance.

Actually I might like it with a white base and leading into a black door. Can you switch the colors around on that one. Seems like it would look more 'heading twoards damnation' that way.

I am the only one who caught the fake song names that Masters Apprentice put on his artwork, fucking hilarious! :lol:

A Fish Named Wanda
Religion is Gay Lol
Some songs about death
And some more about the devil

:lol:!

and If Im not mistaken Trav's user name here is "Seems Like Trav" and he has way more than 12 posts, and has been here alot longer than October.

hmm.. i thought flaming death's first one was good, though IMO the second one doesnt seem to fit Opeth, it seems too obviously dreary. I've always thought of something more subtle for them.... or at least thats what i have envisioned in my head, but its good work none the less. :)

yeah, i thought about graves and damnation, then i thought about a reaper. So i tried to have the reaper hiding in the clouds reaching out taking people to damnation.

Originally posted by Thorns of Sorrow

and If Im not mistaken Trav's user name here is "Seems Like Trav" and he has way more than 12 posts, and has been here alot longer than October.

Trav's an strange person and has two user names which he goes back and forth with... probably in corespondance with some unseen power that governs our universe.

What a silly silly man.

By the way, Thorns, how do you get your Avatar to rotate?

nice thread and some very nice designs!! it inspired me to try to work on one or two, but i can't seem to get the logo here on the boards (the opeth one) to appear transparent in photoshop. Everytime i open it up, it automatically flattens it with a background color.

any ideas on what i'm doin wrong? i'm not a photoshop expert ...apparently :p

have you tried just dragging it to the other picture? sometimes when you open the logo alone it will be on a background but you still can drag it and it will be transparent

yeah i tried that, but either it wouldn't let me, or it would go over, but with the background making it square and ugly... *sigh*

Originally posted by apoapo

cover2.jpg

:lol: :lol: :lol: hahhahahaha