Opeth in "Schlachthaus" Wiesbaden 31.05.

Kiwee23

New Metal Member
Feb 6, 2009
Who will be there? We are driving by car from Erlangen (near nuremberg) and have still room for 2 people in the car. If someone needs a ride (and can give money for gas ;) ) he is welcome to join us.
Im looking forward to it. Its the first full-lenght opeth gig I will see. (I only saw them on festivals before).

PS: does someone need a Deliverance Sweater (L)? I lost about 20kg weight and it doesnt fit any more ( I were able to wear it for about 3 weeks >.< ) I will give it a away for a free beer from the bar. Just a nice offer :D please dont flame me if you dont want to have it...!

Wünsch euch Viel Spass!!! :kickass:
Bin erst aufm SummerBreeze wieder dabei. Noch zweieinhalb Monate Durststrecke :cry:

great great show.

setlist was
Heir Apparent
Ghost of Perdition
Godhead's Lament
Wreath
Closure
The Night and the Silent Water
Lotus Eater
--------------------------------
then Mikael asked what to play..somebody asked for wind of change. Mikael replied that he can't whistle and told a joke about klaus meine. "does he eat crackers before going on stage?"
he played some drapery falls and everyone sang
then the band played one-two minutes of a fair judgement
then Mikael introduced the band.. and Fred got to do some of weirdtastic guitar solos. and then the final song: Deliverance

omg..this gig went for over 2 hours. again nice funny tales from Mikael about this and that. he played the "I play a chord and you tell me if it's a minor(sad) or a major(happy) one" ;) funny stuff.

the version of closure that has been played was weird stuff and very long. but I liked it at all.

the venue was funny. it was a hall but with a lot of windows at the sides and under the roof. only the ones next to the stage were blackened. as the concert began, it was still bright outside and light was coming in but at the stage, it was really dark. and it was very hot inside. after two songs, Mikael explained that he's already sweating.

and Mikael tried some German. Well, only stuff he was definitely sure at. "Mein Hund ist dunkelblau". :lol:

before Wreath he wasn't sure what to expect now. People standing and yawning and raising thumbs up, bored? or people headbeanging? after this night, I'm sure they'll play that song more often.

By the way..I think during the songs godheads lament and karma people were really not excited. I loved those songs. At the contrary, I was excited about Hessian Peel but during the song being played it felt boring. Not a good live song I think. Lotus eater was much better.

well sorry if this was a hell of a read. but I just wrote down what came to my mind. I'm just overwhelmed...was my favourite opeth gig, and after all everything was perfect, even the sound. I had lots of fun. I don't think they can beat that for me.

thanks opeth.

I was there too ;D
Wreath was o_O GENIUS, we all banged, (3rd line) in the middle, then a moshpit, it was LEGEN...wait for it...DARY, i always screamed "TO BID YOU FAREWELL", i think he didn't hear me :/, and why did mik show the middlefinger to a person? i didnt unterstand what he said.

wasn't that after Mike sent out thanks for our hospitality and treating him and the band so nice? and then somebody screamed "fuck you"? didn't he laugh and show him the middlefinger? :D

yeah can be :D
in which line have u been?, maybe we saw us :rofl:, i wore the Opeth Shirt from the Wooden Box ^^

I was in line 3 too. Maybe you saw me. I am a relative small guy with middle long hair (they are growing at the moment) and I had green glasses (My pogo glasses - they are ugly but it isnt tragic if they get destroyed :D ). Later (I think it was while Lotus Eater) I were pushed backwards to line 6 or 7 from the "moshpit". Well back there someone did fart and it smelled disgusting. And not only one time he did it a few times. Because of this there was a huge room in front of the stage were noone did stand.

Well it was a great gig but because of a few people that kept constantly screaming some bullshit I didnt get 2 or 3 of mikes jokes :/

Oh and Mendez already got long hair again. Well I'm a bit surprised because on the Watershed DVD he got short ones and I cant image that his hairs are growing that fast :D I let my hair grow since 2008 and they have the half length ^^