Opeth is perfect for moods like this...

Static

Manically depressed robot
May 5, 2002
Wellington, NZ
Visit site
Lonely, sad, but not depressed. Comtemplating the point of life and realising in a slow, evolving process, there is no point. The only thing to do is to create, to make something, to leave something behind. At least to me.

Np: Advent - Never before has this song sounded so powerful as it does now. The soothing acoustic interludes, summoning visions of trees swaying in the breeze, whatever, just some fucking thing that is at one with nature. Sadness and beauty. The powerful guitars bouncing and complementing each other...telling me that if I try I can make something of myself.

I can't describe what the fuck I'm going on about, I'm just in an odd mood, and Opeth is working perfectly for me right now.

If you are some form of aesthetic purist please do not comment on the above 'amateur' dribblings. I can already predict what you will say.

I remember listening to Advent while in bed in the morning once...kind of half asleep and half awake..in a kind of semi-lucid dreamlike state. And I remember dreaming of myself flying through nighttime forests before breaking out of the tree line and flying into the sky...

And your right, happy, bubbly people will not like Opeth. There's been numerous threads about the type of moods and people that suit Opeth.

True that, Kaberonie. I'm a "dark" sort of person, I suppose, but Opeth suits just about ANY mood of mine. Listening to them makes me happy....

By the way, who is that rockin' out on your avatar? Burton C. Bell?

I believe the greatest inspiration from Opeth comes from their lyrics. I mean if you actually sit down and read them, then put them in a realistic view of what is happening in your own life, you can actually feel the music. I have never heard a band who focuses more on true feelings than that of Opeth. This band has guided me in life and has inspired me more than I can say.

No band(I think...let's see....hmm...dunno....but guess not) has ever talked so much to me through music and lyrics....that's why I'm "in love" with Opeth and the music it delivers(no...I'm not gay or bissexual....I just love the music and Opeth as an entity..not as 4 guys sitting around, smelling funny and saying bad jokes all day :D ) And I'm the kind of guy that can be fooling around all day, saying stupid things but when I'm alone I just plunge into a "dark" state...everything becomes grey and the shadows grow bigger than ever....that's why music is my greatest companion...

Originally posted by Tenebrae
No band(I think...let's see....hmm...dunno....but guess not) has ever talked so much to me through music and lyrics....that's why I'm "in love" with Opeth and the music it delivers(no...I'm not gay or bissexual....I just love the music and Opeth as an entity..not as 4 guys sitting around, smelling funny and saying bad jokes all day :D ) And I'm the kind of guy that can be fooling around all day, saying stupid things but when I'm alone I just plunge into a "dark" state...everything becomes grey and the shadows grow bigger than ever....that's why music is my greatest companion...

I guess I'm the same here. I'm fairly sociable, but not over the top...though when I'm alone, the darkness comes unbidden...and I can truly appreciate Opeth. I can't generally listen to Opeth in social situations where everyones talking and fooling around, like at a party or something...