OPETH NEWS!

sweet feckin news duders...........cant wait to hear the new stuff....!!!!.......tjis is also my most anticpated album of the year......!!!!......wish i had a job in te studio the gusy are recording....I could listen to all he music....that be so cool......!!!.....o well.......for now Il ljsut sit here adn anticipate teh arrival ........Keep rockin Opeth......ure the only band i have faith in..l...well besides slayer, and the rumoured new formed AIC.......PEAC EOUT

Alternative 3 said:
That was a bit harsh, a bit upity today there nfu?

Good to hear some news, if all nine tracks don't make it onto the album Im sure there will be a special edition.

maybe. but ive never had a high tolerance for blatant ignorance...even on my most chipper days.

but if 9 tracks are recorded, I hope those songs will be as great as usual. Cause if they signed with roadrunner, you can expect 1 or 2 minutes interludes just to prove that their are more tracks. I hope it is not the case.

£xil on t}{£ Fa\\ said:
but if 9 tracks are recorded, I hope those songs will be as great as usual. Cause if they signed with roadrunner, you can expect 1 or 2 minutes interludes just to prove that their are more tracks. I hope it is not the case.

Dude... that pic in your sig is friggin disturbing... what the hell is that? (and please don't say "it's a fat kid who drank 64 ounces of expresso w/ 64 sugar cubes"... 'cause that just would be too obvious. It's like road-kill to me... I hate to see it but I can't stop staring at it and getting all queasy.... uggghh.

Out.:devil:

NineFeetUnderground said:
it cracks me up when people whine about Opeth maybe becoming too keyboard heavy...and then go on and on about bands like ayreon and nightingale being great, haha.

(not you saut, just a generalization)
i like all 3 :)

this is good news and all, but we already knew (unofficially).

lets see a tracklist! even a partial one!

NineFeetUnderground said:
it cracks me up when people whine about Opeth maybe becoming too keyboard heavy...and then go on and on about bands like ayreon and nightingale being great, haha.

(not you saut, just a generalization)

Well... its probably because I expect every Opeth track to be right on while with Ayreon I'm happy with one decent track in every ten or so...

£xil on t}{£ Fa\\ said:
Cause if they signed with roadrunner, you can expect 1 or 2 minutes interludes just to prove that their are more tracks. I hope it is not the case.

I fucking hate those interludes, they ruined Type O's Bloody kisses, and fucking gay as shit on Aenima. What is the point? they ruin the flow on the album.

Alternative 3 said:
I fucking hate those interludes, they ruined Type O's Bloody kisses, and fucking gay as shit on Aenima. What is the point? they ruin the flow on the album.

I disagree. For Absent Friends is actually my favourite track on Deliverance. Since it was such a short track, the guys were forced to make it count, and as such they created a mood and atmosphere otherwise lost within the droning monotony of the album.

But thats a track, with guitars and structure. Im talking about interludes like the King Kong sounds from Bloody Kisses and the other electronic noises that fuck up the flow of Aenima. I have no poblem with for absent friends, its a great track.

All is good news, but I am a bit weary about Per being a permenant member. I thought it was cool when he toured with Opeth, but I am afraid having a permenant keyboardist will cause too much emphasis on that instrument at times when it is not needed. Opeth creates such a great atmospheric sound as it is, I am just skeptical about the addition of such an atmospherical instrument. I'm probably just being paraniod about it all. Opeth have not let me down when exploring new territory in the past. I can't wait to see them tour this summer!

Caesar Metallius said:
All is good news, but I am a bit weary about Per being a permenant member. I thought it was cool when he toured with Opeth, but I am afraid having a permenant keyboardist will cause too much emphasis on that instrument at times when it is not needed. Opeth creates such a great atmospheric sound as it is, I am just skeptical about the addition of such an atmospherical instrument. I'm probably just being paraniod about it all. Opeth have not let me down when exploring new territory in the past. I can't wait to see them tour this summer!

did you find epilogue to be too focused on keyboards?

yea....neither did i...the song was solid.

see...this is what im talking about people...where did everyones brain go?